Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 04-28-2009, 05:20 AM   #1
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Help! I don't understand syntax etc and having problems converting from txt.

I want to convert into lrf from txt and maintain paragraph and speech breaks. I've tried converting using calibre, but have no paragraph breaks: the speech changes between characters are on the same lines.

I don't understand syntax, scripts and the html language so want something simple, very simple.

I've posted something similar in the calibre section, sorry for repeating myself.

Can anyone help please?
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:45 PM   #2
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I want to convert into lrf from txt and maintain paragraph and speech breaks. I've tried converting using calibre, but have no paragraph breaks: the speech changes between characters are on the same lines.

I don't understand syntax, scripts and the html language so want something simple, very simple.

I've posted something similar in the calibre section, sorry for repeating myself.

Can anyone help please?
Don't use Calibre. Use BookDesigner. It takes some time to master it, but results are very good.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2009, 05:24 AM   #3
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Don't use Calibre. Use BookDesigner. It takes some time to master it, but results are very good.
Second to it.
There are help files/tutorials created by Harry_T that might help you to master it. Eventually you will be able to do so much more with BD in a user friendly graphical interface.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:40 AM   #4
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Thanks, I'll download BookDesigner and have a play with it. If it's too complex I'll try converting to rtf using Word. I understand Word!
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paragraphing