Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 05-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #1
scott klug
scott klug began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
pdf conversion

Trying to convert a pdf into an ebook. It all worked fine except for some reason it has had issues with the cover page.

The cover has a photo and some text....and when I converted the file then repeats the cover again with a smaller image. So I essentially I have two cover pages which don't even look the same.

When I sent the pdf to amazon and it was converted there were no issues.

Do I need to tweak the pdf? Should I just upload the document and then try to create a new cover? Any guidance is appreciated. thanks much
scott klug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Actually, the Amazon conversion did not go without any issues. There are errors in the converted file. PDF doesn't convert without errors. The only way to convert a PDF is to convert it to ePub and then A/B compare the PDF to the ePub. Once the ePub is made, use that as the source to make any other format you want unless all you want is ePub.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please use the forums correctly. Questions about file conversion belong in the "Workshop" forum, NOT "General Discussions".

Thank you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote