Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-06-2014, 05:31 AM   #406
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: kobo touch
Is it still possible to make the chess board bigger in the latest version 2014-12 ?
I don't see how..
Thanks

Last edited by stanlefor; 12-06-2014 at 05:33 AM.
stanlefor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 05:41 AM   #407
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanlefor View Post
Is it still possible to make the chess board bigger in the latest version 2014-12 ?
I don't see how..
Thanks
There is a splitter between board and notation. You can move it.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2014, 08:05 AM   #408
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
There is a splitter between board and notation. You can move it.
Wow, that's great.
stanlefor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 09:09 AM   #409
traycold
Connoisseur
traycold doesn't littertraycold doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo Hd, Kobo H2O2
simulate poweroff action

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
Just in case anyone's interested, here's the command to simulate the power slider on the Glo:
Code:
echo -e '\xc9wuQ\xad>\x08\x00\x01\x00t\x00\x01\x00\x00\x00\xc9w
uQC\x9e\t\x00\x01\x00t\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00' > /dev/input/event0
hi KevinShort,
I'm interested in simulating the poweroff action (i.e. long press of power slider) on kobo glo.
If I launch your command from a telnet shell or a script, it actually triggers the stand-by. Do you think it would be possible (with another code, or just executing N times in a row the command) to simulate the real switch off ot the reader?
Thanks
traycold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 09:20 AM   #410
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by traycold View Post
hi KevinShort,
I'm interested in simulating the poweroff action (i.e. long press of power slider) on kobo glo.
If I launch your command from a telnet shell or a script, it actually triggers the stand-by. Do you think it would be possible (with another code, or just executing N times in a row the command) to simulate the real switch off ot the reader?
Thanks

why not just use the poweroff command
Quote:
poweroff -h
poweroff: invalid option -- 'h'
BusyBox v1.22.0.kobo (2013-06-07 09:01:34 EDT) multi-call binary.

Usage: poweroff [-d DELAY] [-n] [-f]

Halt and shut off power

-d SEC Delay interval
-n Do not sync
-f Force (don't go through init)

Last edited by PeterT; 01-25-2015 at 09:23 AM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2015, 10:03 AM   #411
traycold
Connoisseur
traycold doesn't littertraycold doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo Hd, Kobo H2O2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
why not just use the poweroff command
because I would use the switchoff in the "nickel" context, i.e.: save gracefully the nickel DB and use the nickel poweroff screen (book cover).

UPDATE:
I think I found it:
Code:
#poweroff:
echo -ne "\xfe\x0f\xc5\x54\xff\x6a\x0d\x00\x01\x00\x74\x00\x01\x00\x00" > /dev/input/event0
#standby (or wakeup when in standby):
echo -ne "\xf0\x0f\xc5\x54\x3c\xe0\x0d\x00\x01\x00\x74\x00\x01\x00\x00\x00\xf1\x0f\xc5\x54\x8e\xe3\x02\x00\x01\x00\x74\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00" > /dev/input/event0

Last edited by traycold; 01-25-2015 at 11:10 AM.
traycold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:56 AM   #412
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I would *hope* that nickel does the right thing when catching a SIGTERM when you ask for a shutdown the usual *nix way, so at least the DB aspect of it *should* be safe.

(I've been using reboot/shutdown -r now without ill effect so far, FWIW).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 11:52 AM   #413
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch

http://forum.vlasovsoft.net/viewtopic.php?p=1636#p1636
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:20 PM   #414
Bob Brunius
Connoisseur
Bob Brunius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW & Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Hi, kenoi

I think that Qt web is a good idea. But I have not enough free time to implement it myself. Of cause, I can help if somebody starts this work. The most difficult place is visual on-screen keyboard.
What if we didn't need a keyboard at all? I'm using the experiment browser for an application but I don't use a keyboard at all. This works but I would like to start and stop the browser from a telnet terminal. The html file is loaded from localhost and information and control is loaded through JSONP calls.

http://qtweb.net/qtweb.html
Bob Brunius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:44 PM   #415
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Bob: It's possible that you might want to install a fuller linux on your device. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=247920
Old 03-25-2015, 10:19 PM   #416
Bob Brunius
Connoisseur

@Peter: I have three H2Os and I don't want to crack them open to get access to the internal SD card because I'm afraid it would damage the waterproof case. I'm also afraid to brick them without access to the SD card. I will buy an standard cased Aura for development work and I'll give that a try down the road. In the mean time I have a deadline on this project so I'm scratching around looking for what is easy.

I need to protect the screen with an external piece of glass and I would like to get complete control of the unit via WiFi telnet. It seems like that should be doable but maybe I'll need to load the debian linux to get there?
Old 03-25-2015, 11:01 PM   #417
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

The Aura does not have an internal SD card.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:31 PM   #418
Bob Brunius
Connoisseur

Good to know.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:53 PM   #419
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
The AuraHD has an internal sd card and the same screen resolution/size as your H2O.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 07:31 AM   #420
huuduc1kk2
Enthusiast
huuduc1kk2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo, LifeBook plus
Hi, any to mod Notepad to a Note app, with some feature like, list, check box...etc
Thanks
huuduc1kk2 is offline   Reply With Quote