Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-11-2006, 09:13 PM   #1
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

merge pdf page by page

I got a book that is layed out lettersize in landscape with 2 page per page.
I used Acrobat's "crop page" and choped the pdf into 2 5x6 pdfs. One contains all the pages on the left, and one contains all that on the right. I have been trying to find a solution that will "merge" those 2 pdfs page by page so the final composition will be:

a1 b1 a2 b2 a3 b3 ....

after reading the acrobat documentation and various internet pages, I haven't been able to find a way to do this. Worse comes worse, I will write
a script to do that in ghostscript. Any suggestions?
jakeluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:33 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
The only way I was able to do something like this was by rearranging the pages by hand in the full version of Acrobat. I do not think there is a current tool for this. Perhhaps you could strip them into files on one page each and then run them through a merge program like ABC Amber PDF Merge. Not sure, never tried it.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2006, 03:36 AM   #3
jakeluck
Groupie
jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jakeluck could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

hmmmm, interesting, maybe i will write a program that will do this.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:20 AM   #4
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I think Scotty wrote a Java based tool that did this... Do a search of mobileread to find it...

Try this : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ghlight=pdfbox

Last edited by jęd; 12-12-2006 at 05:24 AM.
jęd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 02:27 PM   #5
jakeluck
Groupie

i wrote a small cocoa program that did this, if anyone else is interested, feel free to ask.
Advert