Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 09-21-2010, 04:08 AM   #31
Lincoln
Lincoln began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookman 900
G'day fellow portable computerized reading device aficionados.
I had an Ebookman a few years ago and it was cool. I recently bought another Ebookman 900, but when I try to syncronize the operating system and data to the unit, a box appears reading 'contacting Franklin.com' and then it comes up in error. From what I have read here the authority webpage had been down for over a month. I wonder if anyone can advise me how to bypass this stage, as without it the unit is merely a rather expensive paperweight, and I have no need for applying weight to my papers, the need for which this technology is supposed to supersede.
Another post mentioned sending the "PMs" to other users with the same problem, so I Googled PMs... but the results were more concerned with female plumbing.
Thankyou, sorry, thanks.
Linc
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:16 AM   #32
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln View Post
G'day fellow portable computerized reading device aficionados.
I had an Ebookman a few years ago and it was cool. I recently bought another Ebookman 900, but when I try to syncronize the operating system and data to the unit, a box appears reading 'contacting Franklin.com' and then it comes up in error. From what I have read here the authority webpage had been down for over a month. I wonder if anyone can advise me how to bypass this stage, as without it the unit is merely a rather expensive paperweight, and I have no need for applying weight to my papers, the need for which this technology is supposed to supersede.
Another post mentioned sending the "PMs" to other users with the same problem, so I Googled PMs... but the results were more concerned with female plumbing.
Thankyou, sorry, thanks.
Linc
To "PM" means to send a private message to a forum member.

Click on the 250 Coupe in the upper left of this message, select "Send private message to 250 Coupe"

Send me your email address and I'll send you a link to a copy of the install CD. I don't know if that will help with your problem but I think you can select "Install from CD" VS "Install via internet" at some point and that should work.

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #33
walterwill
walterwill began at the beginning.

Device: ebm 900
back in business

Since my last posting I had sort of abondoned the EBM reader. Yesterday, I picked it up again (couldn't get it out of my mind) and wonderfully, it started to install the OS instantly. Is it because my new laptop has Windows 7 on board? Or perhaps better batteries? Anyway, it's working as it always did. I just have one small problem: I have lost all my seb ebooks. I tried to read my ebooks in the mobi and txt formats, but to no avail. I couldn't find a converter to the seb format on the web either. There's no sense in having a great EBM without the books, isn't it.
walterwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:44 AM   #34
gortsew
gortsew began at the beginning.

Device: ebookman
Quote:
Originally Posted by walterwill View Post
Since my last posting I had sort of abondoned the EBM reader. Yesterday, I picked it up again (couldn't get it out of my mind) and wonderfully, it started to install the OS instantly. Is it because my new laptop has Windows 7 on board? Or perhaps better batteries? Anyway, it's working as it always did. I just have one small problem: I have lost all my seb ebooks. I tried to read my ebooks in the mobi and txt formats, but to no avail. I couldn't find a converter to the seb format on the web either. There's no sense in having a great EBM without the books, isn't it.
You don't need books with seb extension, You only have to convert txt to pdb and that can be read by mobi reader.
The easiest way is to do that is to use the free software doc reader which can convert txt to and fro pdb. If You need it and can not download it, just write to me an e-mail and I will send it.
gortsew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:17 AM   #35
arekaybee
arekaybee began at the beginning.

Device: Franklin Rocket Reader eBook, Sony Pocket Reader
Franklin Rocket Reader

I bought one of these MANY years ago, before ebooks became so hip. I was country when country wasn't cool type of thing. Believe it or not, I sold it at a garage sale in 2010. What was I thinking, you might ask. Well, I have been and will always will be a Mac person. The more I tried to find updates, the less I found and finally I just figured that Franklin had forsaken me. So, I bought a Sony Pocket reader. Longing for the good old days of reading in bed without another contraption stuck to my reader, I went on a quest to find an old reader. Ebay will never fail you. There is always someone willing to sell you something you feel you desperately need. Got it. NuvoMedia Rocket eBook READER Collectible W/case & Ac Adaper~DOCKING as-is.

So, how do I get the myriad unread books in my reader library onto the Rocket? Mac software is nowhere to be found (by me, at least). Can some nice PC user please take pity on me and give me some info? You would have my undying gratitude.
arekaybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #36
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Buy a pc to run your reader with :-)

You might take a loot at http://calibre-ebook.com/ it converts books and transfers, do not know about your unit though.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote