Notices

Old 10-30-2014, 02:25 AM   #16
Zinfan
Zinfan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheinz View Post
Welp.

Good news and bad news. The good news is that Kobo apparently upgraded me to FedEx shipping. The bad news is, as others have mentioned, I didn't get any tracking info so I had no idea it was coming - so, since I'm not going to be around the house, I'll have to drive to the FedEx depot tomorrow to pick it up.

Ah, well. At least I'm getting it a lot sooner than I expected!
Very similar to my order. Placed last Friday night with the Kobo site and FedEx tried to deliver Wednesday but I had no idea it was coming so got the tag on the door. I chose to sign the tag and let them leave it on the doorstep, never had a problem with things going missing yet. Excited as this will be my first new e-reader since I bought the original Kindle.
Zinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 02:44 AM   #17
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Did your units come from Canada? Or did they ship from the US?

Just heard back from my forwarder, unfortunately they also need the tracking number to be able to trace the shipment.
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2014, 02:48 AM   #18
Zinfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post
Did your units come from Canada? Or did they ship from the US?

Just heard back from my forwarder, unfortunately they also need the tracking number to be able to trace the shipment.
I don't have mine yet, I'll report back when I get it.
Old 10-30-2014, 02:49 AM   #19
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Zinfan. Appreciate it

PS Backread to see one unit shipped from HK.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:27 AM   #20
John C
Enthusiast
John C understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'John C understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'John C understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'John C understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'John C understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'John C understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'John C understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'John C understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'John C understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'John C understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'John C understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: nexus 7
Let us know how you like it when you get it. I ordered from kobo and its flawless. If you don't have a kobo account you will need to create one. I had to update mine to get it to work.
John C is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2014, 11:46 AM   #21
jlinear
Connoisseur
jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!jlinear rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo Aura One, Libra 2, Paperwhite
Thought I would add my two cents to this thread. I ordered a Kobo H20 from the Kobo web site on Friday, Oct 24th. I received it via FedEx this morning Thursday, Oct 30th. I reside in Michigan, USA and the package appears to have shipped from Carson CA 90745. I too received no shipping or tracking info from Kobo. Nor did I ask for any. I just opened the package and so far I am very pleased with the H20. I finished the initial setup and the screen looks great. This is my first Kobo so I have some learning to do. Looking forward to it.
jlinear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 12:26 PM   #22
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Two more cents added here. I have ordered directly from Kobo on three occasions, the most recent for the H20 at launch on 29 Sep. On *every* order there was no tracking provided. Once my CC was charged, delivery time was typically 7 days to my doorstep via USPS to California. One thing that can possibly delay a shipment further is if the device is shipped at the end of the business week, where it can stall for a day or two over the weekend awaiting clearance by customs.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:51 PM   #23
mwheinz
award-winning bozo
mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.mwheinz can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
That makes me even more worried about my package. ...
Hope you got a good unit, too!
I can only wish you luck with your shipping but, yes, the Kobo looks great and I did promptly dunk it (halfway) into a whirlpool tub and, yes, it didn't bat an eye.

Coming from my ancient Sony PRS-600 I thought the Kobo was going to be larger than it is - the screen *is* bigger but the overall package is the same width and height and considerably thinner.

Edit: - To SkyDog's comment, that was actually how I expected my unit to be shipped and, while I'm glad I have it, I'm kind of wishing they had done it that way - with mine and my wife's work schedules, I wanted "slow shipping" so the Kobo would end up in a nice steel mail box waiting for me to come home. As it was, my free upgrade meant I had to drive 30 minutes each way to the FedEx depo to pick it up.

Last edited by mwheinz; 10-30-2014 at 03:53 PM. Reason: more information
mwheinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:11 PM   #24
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
If Kobo were to provide FedEx tracking information, you could call FedEx and request your shipment be delivered to a local FedEx Office. For many folks, going to the depot is never convenient.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:21 PM   #25
xtine
Addict

I finally called Kobo last night and they sent me a tracking number. It seems my H2O was delivered overnight from Hong Kong to California?! The worst part is it seems to have been delivered on Oct 22nd (I ordered on the 20th) and my forwarder has no idea where it is. (I've used them before and they're fairly reliable. This is the first time I've had to follow up on a shipment.) They're calling FedEx right now to check and I'm supposed to call back in an hour.

Even more confusing, when I try to trace tracking through my phone, it only shows that it's been delivered to Memphis, TN and it's a 63.93lb package (!!)

Update: Turns out I was given 2 different tracking numbers by Kobo in 2 separate emails, which is why I have one tracking info showing delivery to Memphis and another to Burbank. I called the forwarder again, and have been advised to coordinate with their Manila office.

None of this might be Kobo's fault now but if I'd only been given the tracking number right when it shipped, I could have followed up with the forwarder earlier. I just hope the package hasn't been lost at this point.

Last edited by xtine; 10-30-2014 at 08:12 PM.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:06 PM   #26
guitarizt
Connoisseur
guitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-booksguitarizt has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-T1; PW1; H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim.1405 View Post
I ordered my H20 from Chapters late Thursday night. They shipped it out Friday and sent an email telling me it had been shipped. It arrived here in AZ Monday via USPS (signature required). I'm very satisfied with their service. While shipping was ~$16 the price of the reader and shipping was in $CAN so after conversion to $US it came out just slightly less expensive than ordering it through KOBO directly.
Thanks, I just ordered from chapters because of your great shipping time. I was worried before because the estimated shipping time was nov 21 to usa. I might miss the delivery person if I ordered from kobo and got no tracking number.
guitarizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:54 PM   #27
Zinfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlinear View Post
Thought I would add my two cents to this thread. I ordered a Kobo H20 from the Kobo web site on Friday, Oct 24th. I received it via FedEx this morning Thursday, Oct 30th. I reside in Michigan, USA and the package appears to have shipped from Carson CA 90745. I too received no shipping or tracking info from Kobo. Nor did I ask for any. I just opened the package and so far I am very pleased with the H20. I finished the initial setup and the screen looks great. This is my first Kobo so I have some learning to do. Looking forward to it.
This is pretty much exactly my story as well, shipped from Carson Ca via FedEx. Funny thing is that I live in California and it still took until Wednesday to arrive (had to wait until Thursday to get it as I wasn't home when they tried to deliver it). Just about to start the setup via PC.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:23 PM   #28
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just ordered my H20 from Chapters ($175.28 U.S., including shipping). Nice to be able to access order history and see status.

Last edited by SCION; 10-31-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:33 PM   #29
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Just ordered my H20 from Chapters ($175.28 U.S., including shipping). Nice to be able to access order history and see status.
My H20 is on its way!
Old 10-31-2014, 09:59 PM   #30
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Even more confusing, when I try to trace tracking through my phone, it only shows that it's been delivered to Memphis, TN and it's a 63.93lb package (!!)
There are two parts to your shipment.

The first part is the palette of H2Os that are being shipped from Hong Kong to FedEx warehouse where the individual packages are split out and then shipped on to their recipients.

The second part is your particular H2O package.

Kobo should not be giving out the first tracking number, although it is interesting, and good, that customer service has access to the palette shipment information (so they can more correctly advise customers who make enquiries).
murg is offline   Reply With Quote