Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-02-2012, 08:22 AM   #1
Sirman
Sirman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Children's E-Book Authors

Any children's e-book author's on here? I'm interested in hearing about your experiences self-publishing your books. Which device, for example, do you reckon is most popular when it comes to illustrated children's books? Which generate the most sales? Thanks for the answers.
Sirman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:45 AM   #2
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Go to the children's section (but not too close!)

Watch what they pick up. Watch what they read, look at, smile at. Ask for.

Then watch the adults buying children books in the same way.

If you have children you can consult with, or teachers, or mothers, or fathers, or anyone else that has experience with children, get their opinion but more importantly watch what is picked up or bought from the racks or tables.

The picture on the front is very important for the child, the picture and the words for the adult or older child.

You can read about this all you want, but you have to immerse yourself a bit more to get the real sense of it.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert