Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-18-2008, 12:39 AM   #91
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Yummm, I love French food!
Isnt that a fish????
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:01 AM   #92
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
I know you did not let DG hear you call the kindle Clunky, A little advice and I am trying to get a sticky posted, You can not call the Kindle Ugly, Clunky, 80'sish plastic junk, or any variation thereof while posting in the same thread as DG. Nor title any thread, poll, Link, or Question with afore mentioned verbiage. Good luck and enjoy the boards

JJ
We now return to our regularly scheduled forums.
Hey, I was trying to be NICE! After all, we can't all be blessed with the ability to see the beauty in a perfectly crafted e-book reader. Clunky my arse.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:06 AM   #93
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Hey, I was trying to be NICE! After all, we can't all be blessed with the ability to see the beauty in a perfectly crafted e-book reader. Clunky my arse.
Please I did not need that description, Oh you were still talking about the Kindle, Sorry I am still a little ruffled from a certain Duck. I thought you were quite nice about it, I just like to make sure the new members are informed before they bring down the wrath of DG!!

JJ
Old 07-18-2008, 01:09 AM   #94
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Please I did not need that description, Oh you were still talking about the Kindle, Sorry I am still a little ruffled from a certain Duck. I thought you were quite nice about it, I just like to make sure the new members are informed before they bring down the wrath of DG!!

JJ
Hey, no one warned me about you and the daffy person. But I did like the 'double duck dare'....... Quack.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:35 AM   #95
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
Hey, no one warned me about you and the daffy person. But I did like the 'double duck dare'....... Quack.
Just remember the 1st rule of fight club is you never talk about fight Club!

JJ
Old 07-18-2008, 02:37 AM   #96
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Another thing I really do appreciate about my Sony that Kindle 2.0 should incorporate: page numbers.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:08 PM   #97
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
I'd love to have the bigger screen version. I like to read a lot of non-fiction books and these books often have special formatting of the pages, larger images, equations, diagrams, and that sort of thing. The 6" screen size of the Kindle is inappropriate for these types of books, so PLEASE give me that big screen size. I WILL BUY IT!!!

With this screen size, I can also see colleges and highschools using nothing but e-book Textbooks.

Last edited by Daithi; 07-18-2008 at 03:10 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:29 PM   #98
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
I'd love to have the bigger screen version. I like to read a lot of non-fiction books and these books often have special formatting of the pages, larger images, equations, diagrams, and that sort of thing. The 6" screen size of the Kindle is inappropriate for these types of books, so PLEASE give me that big screen size. I WILL BUY IT!!!

With this screen size, I can also see colleges and highschools using nothing but e-book Textbooks.

Very good point on the Kindle......luckily the books I read don't have pictures, or diagrams....
Old 07-19-2008, 09:28 AM   #99
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Well after an exhaustive search via a bajillion hits on google, It seems they all reference the original Crunch Gear post. Nothing new as of late, Even Cnet just nods at crunchgear. Hope to see something from Amazons Camp in the next few weeks.

JJ
Old 07-20-2008, 10:01 AM   #100
Razi
Zealot
Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba E740, Cassiopeia, iLiad, iPad, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by axel77 View Post
How can they even dare to compare the Kindle to the iPod?

One can argue the kindle is something that "Just works" / "does the job". But this ugly piece of device is everything but "sexy". On the new version it look like it will still be a challenge for a newcomer to pick up this device without pressing any button.

The kindle is more like the "boombox" you carry over the shoulder.
Very well said! Will the new version have a slot for the glucose test strips? (it will still look like an over-sized medical equipment from the 1970s) Must be the ugliest mainstream gadget of the decade! I did mention Kindle 2 when the prices for the old monstrosity were suddenly dropped recently. Flog off the old stock, bring in the new. An ugly, clunky, over-buttoned (!) device backed by an uglier marketing campaign (rumors) and business practices. I will NEVER buy one!
Razi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:09 AM   #101
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi View Post
Very well said! Will the new version have a slot for the glucose test strips? (it will still look like an over-sized medical equipment from the 1970s) Must be the ugliest mainstream gadget of the decade! I did mention Kindle 2 when the prices for the old monstrosity were suddenly dropped recently. Flog off the old stock, bring in the new. An ugly, clunky, over-buttoned (!) device backed by an uglier marketing campaign (rumors) and business practices. I will NEVER buy one!
Wow! Little over the top don't ya think.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:47 AM   #102
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
DG, He didnt mean it, Honest he must be new I am going to post a sticky I promise!!

JJ
Old 07-20-2008, 10:49 AM   #103
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Ahem. And who really gives a rats ass if you do? Rather pompous, arrogant rant, don't you think? ever heard of 'to each his own'? The fact that you don't care for it or Amazon gives you the privilege to not purchase the Kindle or buy from Amazon. It does not give you the right to spew your poisonous crap.

Amazon operates in a free market economy. It can sell products however it pleases at whatever price it pleases. Last I heard its doing okay...must be doing something right.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:54 AM   #104
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
DG, He didnt mean it, Honest he must be new I am going to post a sticky I promise!!

JJ
Quote:
Ahem. And who really gives a rats ass if you do? Rather pompous, arrogant rant, don't you think? ever heard of 'to each his own'? The fact that you don't care for it or Amazon gives you the privilege to not purchase the Kindle or buy from Amazon. It does not give you the right to spew your poisonous crap.

Amazon operates in a free market economy. It can sell products however it pleases at whatever price it pleases. Last I heard its doing okay...must be doing something right.
Oh I tried to warn him, DG do you need to borrow ANGRY APE!, Or I could do an ANGRY BILL THE CAT for you! Just Breath DG 10,9,8,7.... Now dont you feel better?? DG?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Page_1.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	14533  

Last edited by jerryleejr; 07-20-2008 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Added Attachment
Old 07-20-2008, 11:09 AM   #105
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Oh I tried to warn him, DG do you need to borrow ANGRY APE!, Or I could do an ANGRY BILL THE CAT for you! Just Breath DG 10,9,8,7.... Now dont you feel better?? DG?
Oh well.........did I at least stay on topic?

Tags
duck!