Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-25-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Do the sony readers do Full justification?

Do the sony readers have a full justification option? Either with or without hyphenation?

If not is anyone using Calibre to fully justify their epubs and then importing onto the sony? Does this work well?

Thanks.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:15 AM   #2
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
All have full justification with LRFs.
But only 900's do it with EPUBs.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2010, 09:26 AM   #3
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
k. thx. I would be doing epub. I am guessing if I full justify the file in Calibre, all should be well when viewing on, say, a 505 or 600?
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:32 AM   #4
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
The 505 does not support full justification in ePubs and I believe the 600 does not either.

The only sony reader that supports it is the 900.
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:29 PM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

Only the 900 has the firmware capable of showing ePubs in full justification. I'm partial to full justification because of the many decades I've spent reading printed books which are fully justified. However, the 900 does not have hyphenation, at least as far as I can tell. It would be fairly easy for Sony to incorporate that feature since it comes with a built in dictionary, but I guess it isn't supported in the Adobe DE version used on the 900. Hopefully the next generaton of Sony readers will incorporate some of our wish list items.

Last edited by jswinden; 06-25-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Advert