Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-18-2009, 12:39 PM   #1
Ladyrixx
Zealot
Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Kobo Mini, Nook Glowlight 2, Kobo Forma
Has anyone tried an SD card bigger than 4GB?

I was looking for a bigger SD card for my PP. (Manga takes up lots of room as epubs). I saw that they now make SD cards up to 32GB. I know that the Astak website says that the PP is compatable with up to 4GB, but I didn't know if that was from testing larger cards and they didn't work, or if that was the largest card they tested.
Ladyrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #2
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Thumbs up PP takes up to a 16GB card!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyrixx View Post
I was looking for a bigger SD card for my PP. (Manga takes up lots of room as epubs). I saw that they now make SD cards up to 32GB. I know that the Astak website says that the PP is compatable with up to 4GB, but I didn't know if that was from testing larger cards and they didn't work, or if that was the largest card they tested.
Dear Ladyrixx:

I work for Astak.

The EZ Reader Basic takes up to a 4GB SD card. The Pocket PRO takes up to a 16GB card. That is according to the FAQ sheet.

In reality, the Pocket PRO can utilize a 32GB SD card... but such a huge amount of files can slow it down a bit so the factory says 16GB is best.

That is one of the nicest features of the Pocket PRO is that you can expand the memory easily to hold a library of 8000 eBooks or a whole ton of Manga!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
Ladyrixx
Zealot
Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Kobo Mini, Nook Glowlight 2, Kobo Forma
Oooooh! *hugs* thank you!
Ladyrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:22 PM   #4
kanguro
kanguro began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro (I can feel it now)
I have tried a working 16GB card with 40.000 plus titles (mostly txt like the Gutenberg Project and such). Not practical but doable if properly classified.
kanguro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:16 PM   #5
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Same here. My BeBook (same hardware as EZReader) running OpenInkpot just accepted my 16 GB SDHC card with some 30.000 books on it without a hiccup.

(doing my happy dance now...)
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2009, 07:41 PM   #6
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
I used 32GB SDCard with no problem. (for reading)
You need to keep 1GB SDCard for Firmware update purpose.
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:54 AM   #7
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
OK, stupid question: what's Manga?
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:11 AM   #8
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
I tested with DragonBall, It is too small on 5"and 6" Display (8/8 grey).
On 8" (16 grey) is the best.
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:33 AM   #9
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
OK, stupid question: what's Manga?
See Manga in our wiki and for all things eBook.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:10 PM   #10
tmgplc
Enthusiast
tmgplc began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, Kindle Fire 7" (2014)
I use and 8gb from Transcend with no problems at all.
tmgplc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:49 PM   #11
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
Hi all, Do it need to be Class 4 and higher SD card type? Or Is it okay if its a plain SD card and not a SDHC card?
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:00 AM   #12
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by diokdin View Post
Hi all, Do it need to be Class 4 and higher SD card type? Or Is it okay if its a plain SD card and not a SDHC card?
A plain SD card will do fine! (they come only up to 2 gb usually)
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:07 AM   #13
diokdin
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
A plain SD card will do fine! (they come only up to 2 gb usually)
Thanks, I just want to know if there's a difference between the two. I've been looking at bigger storage than what I've got now.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:56 AM   #14
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by diokdin View Post
The Astak site says Class 4 or below. (Below meaning a smaller number such as 2).
However, others here have used class 6 without problem, as can be seen here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...highlight=card
My own main card is a Sandisk Ultra SDHC 16GB Class 4 (15MB/s); it has been functioning well for me so far.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:15 AM   #15
diokdin
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
The Astak site says Class 4 or below. (Below meaning a smaller number such as 2).
However, others here have used class 6 without problem, as can be seen here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...highlight=card
My own main card is a Sandisk Ultra SDHC 16GB Class 4 (15MB/s); it has been functioning well for me so far.
Thanks Javed, I've been browsing for an SD card for my PPro but don't know about what kind. If just plain SD card will do or if it needs to be SDHC. Does a High Capacity SD card makes transfering your ebook faster or doesnt it matter?