Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
D.I.Jack Frost series...............

Haven't checked if available in US, but all the terrific D.I. Jack Frost detective
novels are on Amazon UK - all £5.92 I think.
If you like your police procedural stuff with a certain scruffiness, as it were, this is definitely for you.
Sadly there will be no more - although the TV series went on for many years with the splendid David Jason perfectly cast as Frost, and repeat showings are never off the screens.
Enjoy.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:42 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Sadly there will be no more - although the TV series went on for many years with the splendid David Jason perfectly cast as Frost, and repeat showings are never off the screens.
'A Touch of Frost'! Great series indeed. Up there with 'Inspector Morse' and 'Midsomer Murders'

I should read the books one day. But so much to read, so little time...
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #3
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
A great TV series, but even better books. I've got them all already, both as pBooks and eBooks. And I was just thinking it might be time to do a re-read.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:01 PM   #4
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
That's exactly what made me bung in a plug! I'm just into "Winter Frost", just "Killing Frost" to go (the last of 6) - and they're even better the 3rd time around !

And, brilliant though the series are, the books are definitely better - after around 60 pages of the first, I stopped seeing David Jason, that's how well they're written.
Although, it would be very hard to get better casting for Frost.......... or Mullet, come to that !
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:57 AM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
That's exactly what made me bung in a plug! I'm just into "Winter Frost", just "Killing Frost" to go (the last of 6) - and they're even better the 3rd time around !

And, brilliant though the series are, the books are definitely better - after around 60 pages of the first, I stopped seeing David Jason, that's how well they're written.
Although, it would be very hard to get better casting for Frost.......... or Mullet, come to that !
Yes who would have thought that David Jason wouldn't look quite scruffy enough

I love David Jason by the way.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Among my favourites. Such a pity he only ever wrote 6 of them, although I notice that an author called James Henry has now started writing a new series of "officially sanctioned" Frost books. I've no idea how good or otherwise they are.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #7
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unfortunately, the Kindle versions of the follow-on Frost books are not available in the US. Though the Kobo versions are available in Canada. Maybe time to try one of those coupons, since it looks like they will work with them.

The first seems to be Fatal Frost. I'll give it a try. Reviews on Amazon are generally favorable.
Old 10-18-2013, 04:18 PM   #8
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Unfortunately, the Kindle versions of the follow-on Frost books are not available in the US. Though the Kobo versions are available in Canada. Maybe time to try one of those coupons, since it looks like they will work with them.

The first seems to be Fatal Frost. I'll give it a try. Reviews on Amazon are generally favorable.
Actually, the first appears to be a prequel to the Wingfield ones called First Frost, set when he's a DS. OK, I'll start with that one.