Notices

Old 12-17-2007, 09:34 PM   #31
cherdman
Enthusiast
cherdman began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Axim X51v
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liviu_5 View Post
The quote in the original message is from the BonB president !!. I do not particularly care about drm Mobipocket since I never purchased one.

I still believe that Amazon shunning it for Kindle is not that encouraging a sign for that format which is one more reason for me to avoid it.
The Mobipocket format is not going to be cannibalized by the Kindle. The Kindle format is nothing more than a special version of the Mobipocket format. You have the Kindle for the stock ebook reader and the Mobipocket format for virtually every other device under the sun.

In fact there is a hack out there that allows you to get your secure Mobi files working on your Kindle...
cherdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:02 PM   #32
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
books on Board are currently selling the Mobipocket version of T is for Trespass by Sue Grafton for $22.00 as opposed to Amazon's Kindle $9.99. So cant see that they are honoring any agreement to match the kindle prices. I did purchase the title from Mobipocket where with rebates I paid $9.98 and used the rebates to purchase two other titles from the same author, now just have to wait for the previous 13 titles to be released in e-book).
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2007, 03:15 AM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sianon View Post
books on Board are currently selling the Mobipocket version of T is for Trespass by Sue Grafton for $22.00 as opposed to Amazon's Kindle $9.99. So cant see that they are honoring any agreement to match the kindle prices. I did purchase the title from Mobipocket where with rebates I paid $9.98 and used the rebates to purchase two other titles from the same author, now just have to wait for the previous 13 titles to be released in e-book).
It's $9.85 at Fictionwise if you're a club member (that's with rebates, etc).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:54 AM   #34
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
Yep Harry, that is where I purchased the title from. Paid $22.00 and got the main title plus two others. The point I was making was that if Books on Board are supposed to be matching the Amazon prices, this title gives lie to that claim.
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 06:37 AM   #35
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
They didn't promise to price match all books. Reread the press release.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert