Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-27-2011, 07:46 AM   #1
lininjim
lininjim began at the beginning.

Device: prs505; prs600 - sold, iPad, Kindle 3
Filling a memory card externally to the reader

I have a memory card to put ebooks on for the prs-505 (the reader is away for repairs just now) but if I remember correctly they need to be in a certain position on the memory card.
Could someone please remind me of the folder structure so I can put my books back on ready for when my reader comes home?

(the books were backed up because I knew the machine was failing, but I messed up, hence the lack of structure)

All I have on the card just now is Sony Reader > Database (cache)
lininjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:03 PM   #2
fafaforza
Zealot
fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Aura ONE
IIRC you can just put them anywhere and the reader will find them.

Alternately, have you tried using the Reader software to copy? It should be able to create the folder structure for you.
fafaforza is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
lininjim
lininjim began at the beginning.

Device: prs505; prs600 - sold, iPad, Kindle 3
Thanks for that, but the software doesn't work on my mac (which you didn't know I had)

I'm sure it goes something like Database>Media>Books or similar.
lininjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:43 PM   #4
Garry Lancaster
Garry Lancaster writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Garry Lancaster writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Garry Lancaster writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Garry Lancaster writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Garry Lancaster writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Garry Lancaster writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Garry Lancaster writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Garry Lancaster writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Garry Lancaster writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Garry Lancaster writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Garry Lancaster writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Sony PRS-505; Sony PRS-650; TrekStor Pyrus Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by lininjim View Post
I'm sure it goes something like Database>Media>Books or similar.
You can certainly put them there if you like but, as fafaforza says, the nice thing about the Sonys are that they will find the books wherever they are, so you can use whatever directory structure you prefer.

I simply use Calibre, and I don't know (or particularly care!) where it places the books.
Garry Lancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:21 PM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I'm not sure if this changed between 505 and 600 and 650, but I always started out with a folder named Sony Reader. (If you insert a blank card, I believe the reader will do that automatically).

Then - if I remember correctly - you can put books anywhere within the Sony Reader folder.

I know that my eBookwise didn't like more than a certain number of files in the root folder (the main card, without any folders). I've tended to take that forward to all my readers, just to avoid any potential problems.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert