Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 01-16-2010, 09:51 AM   #61
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo62 View Post
Actually I'm not sure if this fake CF card was created by fbreader or by the toolbox. But I think it was the fbreader, I guess it mounted another place as CF card and now I'm having a fake CF card. Unfortunately my 8 GB CF card doesn't work with the iLiad, but I will buy the next days another one to check if its possible to access a "real" CF card or not. And if I find some time I will try to find out how this fake CF card is mounted or was created. But I'm in Asia until April and I don't want to brick my device because its a bit difficult to send it to service. Because if another CF card is not accepted by the reader because of this fake CF then I can not reflash and unbrick it
Note that the Iliad creates some mount points in case you attach some devices, both in /mnt and in /media.
They include "MMC" (or "card", for MMC/SD cards), USB, CF.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:43 AM   #62
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Is there an actual update? My version doesn't always show pictures in my bought epubs ...
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:44 AM   #63
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo62 View Post
Actually I'm not sure if this fake CF card was created by fbreader or by the toolbox. But I think it was the fbreader, I guess it mounted another place as CF card and now I'm having a fake CF card. Unfortunately my 8 GB CF card doesn't work with the iLiad, but I will buy the next days another one to check if its possible to access a "real" CF card or not. And if I find some time I will try to find out how this fake CF card is mounted or was created. But I'm in Asia until April and I don't want to brick my device because its a bit difficult to send it to service. Because if another CF card is not accepted by the reader because of this fake CF then I can not reflash and unbrick it
I had an 8 GB CF card as well - if you come over the 4 GB frontier it will go nuts. Don't use CF cards bigger than 4 GB and you're fine ...
Old 02-02-2010, 10:05 AM   #64
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Is there an actual update? My version doesn't always show pictures in my bought epubs ...
Look into the epub-file (epub=zip). The pictures may have the svg-format. Save them as jpg, change all references within the html-files and you will see the pictures.
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:10 AM   #65
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThR View Post
Look into the epub-file (epub=zip). The pictures may have the svg-format. Save them as jpg, change all references within the html-files and you will see the pictures.
There may be a way to do this with ePub to ePub in Calibre, but one work around is to convert to MOBI and than back to ePub in Calibre. This should convert the graphics because MOBI does not support SVG.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:32 PM   #66
joblack
Wizard

pictures fix will be included in 0.14.0

I sent the picture-not-shown-bug to the guys from fbreader.org and he told me:

Yes, the problem is fixed, so the next version of FBReader (0.14.0,
planned for the mid-March) will show the pictures.

Regards,

-- Nikolay

I hope somebody will find the time to compile that version for the Iliad (and 1000S ...).
Old 11-24-2010, 03:56 AM   #67
agarcim
agarcim began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd
Keyboard not working

Hello.

Thanks very much for porting FBReader to the iLiad.

I managed to install in a CF card. Works well but I have discovered that the keyboard icon (system toolbar of the iLiad) doesn't work. It's grayed and can't be clicked. Thus, I can't search, I can't chage the paths to my ebooks, not
enter metadata for the ebooks, etc

It would be very nice to have the ability to open books via contenlistener without having to execute the application from Programs.

By the way: How to exit? The upper-left button is the library.
The upper right es help and I don't see any exit button.

Thanks.
agarcim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 03:48 AM   #68
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
/mnt/registry/registry.xml is the key to to control contentlister. Contentlister will open files of certain extension according to registry.xml.

To bind the upper-left key to FBReader, find a file "keymap.xml and add an entry "<binding key="&lt;F5&gt;" action="quit"/>".
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:22 AM   #69
agarcim
agarcim began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd
Thanks very much.

I must to say that I have not touching the registry. I want to learn a little more before messing up with the registry.

Again, thanks.
agarcim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:08 PM   #70
Tapareli
Tapareli began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad 1GB, Wi-Fi, 8.1
Problem after try to install the program.

I do what its explained where but now my Iliad have de green light but dont do nothing more. It dont turn off eider. Could you please help me, what I could do?

Thanks,

Álvaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwarren View Post
2009-06-11 updates

Heh, sorry I'm a bit inept at getting these packages right, my first go at it and all

Just did another reflash, install, test. and it seems to work as advertised, with fullscreen, Adam B's keybindings, and (mostly) non-crazy busy led.

Actually fixed the libpng.so.3 issue. /usr/lib/libpng.so.3 is a soft link to /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0.1.2.8 created from the run.sh script.

I reflashed to 2.10, upgraded to 2.12, installed the developer tools, and ran the installer, and it works!

/sigh.

2009-06-10 updates

Attached is a new version of my installer. It has a fix for the fullscreen toggle not working, as well as the installer troubles i had. And it now comes with the keybindings that are very similar to Adam B.'s 0.8.14 ones, I opted to use the long press on the 'dot' button as fullscreen, rather than rotate:
  • Upper Left/Quit Button
    • Will cancel out of TOC screen, and will quit when inside the book.
  • Page Bar Forward
    • Short Press
      • Next Page
    • Long Press
      • Redo
  • Page Bar Backward
    • Short Press
      • Previous Page
    • Long Press
      • Undo
  • Up Arrow
    • Short Press
      • Previous TOC Section
    • Long Press
      • Increase Font Size
  • Dot or "Enter" Button
    • Short Press
      • Show Table of Contents
    • Long Press
      • Toggle Full Screen.
  • Down Arrow
    • Short Press
      • Next TOC Section
    • Long Press
      • Decrease Font Size

You can of course, change these if you wish!

There are still problems with the busy LED. If you press a button that has no actual action, say next TOC section, while reading a txt file without a TOC, the light will start flashing until you change the page. Same goes for fullscreen toggling. I don't fully understand the interactions between FBReader, the xEPDmgr and liberdm/liberipc.

Also attached is a patch against the fbreader source for what I've compiled.

So, to install.
* Download the attached fbreaderinst-0.10.7-07.zip file
* unzip it, and copy the fbreaderinst-0.10.7 directory to your CF card
* load up the CF card in your iliad, and click on the Install FBReader Standalone item.
* Run FBReader from the Programs directory on your CF card.

If there's a call for it, I'll get a registry installer package out.
Tapareli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #71
mortimer7
Connoisseur
mortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iLiad, Kobo Aura 6"
why the keyboard icon is turn off? can i active it without touch the registry?
mortimer7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fbreader, iliad, installer