Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-22-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
pasovega
pasovega began at the beginning.

Device: aluratek lLIBRE
Is LIBRE and Amazon ebook files possible?

I am completely new to e readers.
It is unclear to me whether or not I can download Amazon Kindle files and read them on the Aluratek Libre?.

Is this possible?
Do they have to be converted?
If so, is Calibre the best software (MAC Leopard)

Can someone direct me how to do this? Or point me to an existing posting?
Much appreciated.
Charles

Last edited by pasovega; 04-22-2010 at 09:08 PM.
pasovega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
Welcome to Mobileread

Amazons strategy was good (for a time) - Sell ereader & sell books.

However as you look around this site you'll see many other ereaders.

Each of them have some good or bad points.

The best ereader though is the one that suits you. Later you may decide that you want something different.

Your LIBRE will not work with Amazons ebooks without cracking the copy protection and then converting it to the format that you want.

Amazon will, I think, want to sell ebooks to everyone. But not yet.

Look around Mobileread for a while. Learn.

Your LIBRE will be fine, and there are a great many places to find books other than at Amazon.

Start at: Reading Recommendations

or for more info about the LIBRE at: Ectaco jetBook
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert