Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > IMP Books

Notices

Old 09-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #1
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Casanova, Giacomo: Memoirs. v2. 3 Sep 2009.

I converted Jellby's hand-crafted .epub into the .imp formats after tweaking his source to eliminate incompatibilities with eBook Publisher. It looks very nice thanks primarily to Jellby's efforts and not so much mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby
Giacomo Girolamo Casanova (1725-1798) was a Venetian adventurer and author, who associated with the royalty and other of his time. He also was a famous "womanizer", of which word his name has become synonymous, through antonomasia.

He began writing his (long) memoirs allegedly in 1789, and today they are regarded as one of the most authentic sources of the customs and norms of European social life during the 18th century.

The manuscript was never fully published until 1962, and before that there was a series of partial publications and translations (the original is in French), mostly censored (with the most "sexual" parts removed), and with apocryphal sections. This is the translation published by Arthur Machen in 1894 (Machen died in 1947, so this translation is not public domain everywhere), and it is based in of those inaccurate versions.

I have not proofread this book, and I know it has many mistakes. Diacritics and italics (if any) are missing, and I've found quite a few problems with quote marks. I'm publishing it now because ahi challenged me Of course, from now on, I'd be glad to apply any corrections needed.
Enjoy!
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: imp Memoirs of Casanova.imp (5.13 MB, 416 views)
File Type: imp Memoirs of Casanova_1200.imp (4.61 MB, 407 views)

Last edited by nrapallo; 09-03-2009 at 10:33 AM. Reason: match version number with Jellby's .epub
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote