Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 03-21-2003, 01:21 PM   #16
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
I am surprised you are answering this now. I posted this comment sometime ago, and realized soon after that I was mistaken about the memory card access - and said so here. My main problem with Plucker is that, like Alexander, I get error messages when I use it. This makes me wary. PDR
radleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 01:32 PM   #17
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
Quote:
Originally posted by radleyp
My main problem with Plucker is that, like Alexander, I get error messages when I use it. This makes me wary. PDR
What version of Plucker?
What device are you running it on?
Did you run CleanPlucker first?
Was this a clean install on a device that never saw Plucker before?

If you were running a previous release of Plucker, and upgraded it to one of the betas or the hires version, you probably have a conflict between the changes in preferences (which clearly were noted if you tracked the changes in the source).

Try using the hires version (if you have a hires device) from http://hires.plkr.org/ and make sure you run CleanPlucker first. The remaining versions all seem to work fine for thousands of users using 1.2 and the 1.3x cvs snapshot builds.

What error message(s) did you get? I didn't bring my crystal ball with me this afternoon.
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2003, 04:45 PM   #18
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

I'll have to get back to you on that, as I have removed Plucker and at this point don't want to start playing with it. I must admit, however, that I see no benefit to Plucker now that iSilo has brought out a beta that allows for scheduled conversions. Unlike some of the others on this site, moreover, I don't want to use more than one web clipper at a time. PRadley
Old 03-21-2003, 04:49 PM   #19
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
Quote:
Originally posted by radleyp
I'll have to get back to you on that, as I have removed Plucker and at this point don't want to start playing with it. I must admit, however, that I see no benefit to Plucker now that iSilo has brought out a beta that allows for scheduled conversions. PRadley
iSilo isn't free, and until it becomes free, it will always fall inferior to the other products which are. Also, the free alternatives, superior in features and support, offer many more platforms and tools to work with them, than those offered by commercial companies like iSilo and AvantGo.

I'm all for using what works, and for me, having dozens more features, supported platforms, and tool choices available to me makes my choice Plucker, but you may not have the same needs, clearly.

Use whatever works.
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 05:01 PM   #20
radleyp
Evangelist

I wasn't attacking you or Plucker which is indeed a fine program. I was just expressing my view, which is of course based on my needs. I just wanted to respond to your first statement, however. What is free is not "always" better, as you state, simply by virtue of costing nothing. One example: scrolling in iSilo is far better than in Plucker, as is table conversion. So if you want those two - and I do - I spend the money. As a free program, however, Plucker is one of the best of any kind that I have ever seen. Cheers, PRadley
Advert