Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-30-2011, 01:47 PM   #1
Lyrehc
Lyrehc began at the beginning.

Device: none
Out of memory?

I've been using Calibre for a couple months now and slowly adding all of my ebooks. Things have been going along swimmingly until today, where I keep receiving this message:

Quote:
calibre, version 0.8.28
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>MemoryError</b>ut of memory

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\single.py", line 490, in do_one
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\single.py", line 438, in apply_changes
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\basic_widgets.py", line 95, in commit
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 2304, in set_title
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 622, in set_path
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 1252, in copy_format_to
File "shutil.py", line 51, in copyfileobj
File "tempfile.py", line 595, in write
MemoryError: out of memory

I am saving files to my computer's hard drive, of which there are 102 GB out of 280 GB free. I have 4G DDR3 RAM. I had an earlier library that was MUCH larger (that I deleted because I didn't like how I'd organized it) and it never had memory issues. How can I resolve this?
Lyrehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrehc View Post
I am saving files to my computer's hard drive, of which there are 102 GB out of 280 GB free. I have 4G DDR3 RAM. I had an earlier library that was MUCH larger (that I deleted because I didn't like how I'd organized it) and it never had memory issues. How can I resolve this?
What, exactly, are you doing to get this error? Is this the complete log? If not please post the complete log with a spoiler tag surrounding it.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #3
kongzifan
Enthusiast
kongzifan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPhone, iPad
I think 0.8.28 has a memory leak bug. It's an abnormal behaviour for a software to use up all the system memory.
kongzifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Calibre can certainly use all available memory (and then run out) if you ask it to convert a very complex book. You gave no indication what you were doing at the time you reported the error.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:03 AM   #5
Lyrehc
Lyrehc began at the beginning.

Device: none
I got distracted and forgot to update. I received that error when I attempted to update metadata. I've been going through all my books individually to make sure that all info is up-to-date. That said, I was able to resolve the issue by completely restarting calibre. I would guess that the program has a cache that got too full or something.
Lyrehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert