Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #316
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollonk View Post
Should I PM him? IRC? I've spent an hour trying to figure out this keymapping stuff, to no avail.
PM and/or post in one of his threads (thread authors often subscribe to their threads).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #317
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Yeah. I would PM him. He is a busy guy but will doubtless take them time to provide the info if he knows it time allowing.

definite Kindle Hero.

(I actually nudged him on this exact point earlier today)
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=297

hehehe
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2013, 10:43 PM   #318
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tidied up the VNCViewer KUAL extension (extraneous hidden mac files removed)
Added README.

Attached. ORIGINAL WORKS BY Ollonk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_067.png
Views:	3085
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	100523   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_068.png
Views:	1763
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	100524  
Attached Files
File Type: zip vncviewer.zip (983 Bytes, 2572 views)

Last edited by twobob; 02-02-2013 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Ollonk creds on this thread also.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:01 AM   #319
Ollonk
Ollonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beautyOllonk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle 4
I ended up mapping the mouse buttons and shift+tab to individual keyboard keys with AutoHotKey. Patience may be a virtue, but I've accomplished what I wanted to accomplish.
Ollonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:10 AM   #320
wakawakawaka
wakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beautywakawakawaka does all things with Zen-like beauty

This is fantastic. Really one of the biggest reasons I wanted to jailbreak my kindle. I wrote up how I got a virtual display exported to my DXG here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...72&postcount=8

Just in case anyone was wondering...
wakawakawaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2013, 11:10 PM   #321
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
PoP: don't get distracted with the X stuff - VNC can probably do what you want. I think we need to serve LibVNCClient's HandleCursorPosProc callback properly. I probably won't get to work on this for the next few days, so feel free to give it a try!
Bump to self. Note: This would still be awesome.

As would a general purpose 4/8 bit dithering wrapper for graphics.
These things get lost.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:59 PM   #322
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Yeah, I really need to invest some hours of spare time into this. I hope I'll see those hours soon... :-) Ollonk PM'ed me, but seemed to have circumvented the issue for now.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #323
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Yeah, I really need to invest some hours of spare time into this. I hope I'll see those hours soon... :-) Ollonk PM'ed me, but seemed to have circumvented the issue for now.
Your efforts. Any and all. Are greatly appreciated. : D
Old 02-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #324
Gianni
Gianni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch jb
running this script on my raspberry, I am able to update - only - the first rows of the kt5 touch (the space where the menu is), but when I click the home button on the kindle, the script crashes...

#!/bin/sh -xe
/usr/bin/Xvnc -geometry 1200x824 -depth 16 -dpi 160 -alwaysshared :1 &
sleep 1
DISPLAY=:1 xterm &
DISPLAY=:1 dwm &
vncviewer :1 &
x2vnc -east localhost:1 &
ssh root@192.168.15.244 /mnt/us/kindlevncviewer/kvncviewer.sh 192.168.15.201:1

this is kvncviewer.sh on the kindle, I commented the last two rows because on the kt5 they don't work
#!/bin/sh
cd $(dirname "$0")
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver 1
./kindlevncviewer -config config.lua "$@"
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver 0
# send menu key twice to refresh display
#echo "send 139" > /proc/keypad
#echo "send 139" > /proc/keypad
Gianni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #325
twobob

-geometry 1200x824

seems a bit big?

Ill have a play later.

EDIT:

Meh I got tied up. Perhaps tomorrow. nudge me! lest it again falls thru the cracks.

Quote:
-geometry 1200x824
EDIT: that's the sizes of a DX - dpavlin - who wrote that script - has a DX IIRC.

Having a bit of a play now

Let's try... 600 x 800

Last edited by twobob; 02-05-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #326
twobob

Okay... I get this now.

what you are experiencing is this lack of ioctls specific to the device.

There are a few options... easiest would be to add a

while :; do eips ''; usleep 90000; done;
in some other shell..

that works fine.

I will machinate on it some more.

Works okay on mine now with this extra little "poke" to the graphics...

I did this...

ON PC

vncpasswd (enter 8 digit password)

x11vnc -rfbauth ~/.vnc/passwd -bg -accept "popup" -gone "popup" -rfbport 5900 -gui tray=minimal,iconfont=14x17 -forever -noxdamage -shared &

Quote:
Not only does this provide on-screen verification to allow or disallow connections, it also provides an ugly tray icon that changes color whenever someone connects! Of course, if you don't care about receiving such notifications then remove the "accept" and "gone" arguments.
ssh root@kt
Quote:
Welcome to KT (192.168.1.70 & 192.168.15.244)
[root@kindle root]# /mnt/us/kindlevncviewer/kvncviewer.sh -password <ThePassword> <ComputerIP>

and then...

ssh root@kt
Quote:
Welcome to KT (192.168.1.70 & 192.168.15.244)
[root@kindle root]# while :; do eips ''; usleep 90000; done;

I did play with the auto-script a bit... refactoring much of it out to variables..
perhaps I will revisit but this and publish a more general purpose updated one.

However the above "tests the functionality works" and outlines your update problem.

Hope that helps

Last edited by twobob; 10-05-2013 at 10:43 PM. Reason: script notes..., vncpasswd not vncpassword, ioctls - why cant I type!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:29 AM   #327
twobob

@Gianni

So. new day - clearer head...

Do exactly what you did before...

and run

ssh root@kt (err. your kindles IP or name if you have named it on your PC )
Quote:
Quote:
Welcome to Gianni's Kindle!
then do a

[root@kindle root]# while :; do eips ''; usleep 90000; done;

and your other solution should work.

Some background
Spoiler:

This is a problem with the kindle 3 FB calls being embedded in the code.
I did look at building it with a 5 target and have fiddled with the code from time to time idly as it is "good code", but honestly I have done nothing but FAIL with fb stuff myself so far ; )

Hawhill is aware of the fragile ioctrl issues on the 5's and Geekmaster has IIRC tried in large part to workaround them.

But those two tranches of work/thought have not met. Nor do I see them colliding without some serious Zen Master intervention way beyond my pay grade.

But anyways. the kludge should work. wrap it in a "named" shell and kill it when you are done with it. I would do that.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by twobob; 02-06-2013 at 07:33 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:18 AM   #328
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Or combine the two as in (watch for what is a double: ' and what is a single: " ) :
Code:
ssh root@kt "while :; do eips ''; usleep 90000; done;"
When you lose or otherwise close the above connection, that loop will go away.

ssh ref: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=204942
Includes simplifications to the above and worked examples.

Note: Not intended as a criticism, just a little bit of thread advertisement.

Last edited by knc1; 02-06-2013 at 08:31 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #329
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Or combine the two as in (watch for what is a double: ' and what is a single: " ) :
Code:
ssh root@kt "while :; do eips ''; usleep 90000; done;"
When you lose or otherwise close the above connection, that loop will go away.

ssh ref: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=204942
Includes simplifications to the above and worked examples.

Note: Not intended as a criticism, just a little bit of thread advertisement.
Yeah good call. nice remoting solution. : )
Old 02-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #330
Gianni
Gianni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch jb
I need a little time to understand all those commands, but I will try it! :-)
Gianni is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, kindle, source, viewer, vnc