Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-13-2012, 02:58 AM   #346
ViktorShchedrin
Connoisseur
ViktorShchedrin began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
how to config to avoid duplication

First of all - thank you for the plugin.

i lost something my knowledge - previous version of the plugin was bale to detect "already in the shelf" of GoodReads, now how should i configurate the plugin to avoid duplication ?

thank you
ViktorShchedrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:32 AM   #347
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
What the plugin was doing in earlier versions wasn't really "duplicate checking". All it did when you chose the "Add to shelf" option was looking to see if the goodreads id that your calibre book is linked to was already on the shelf, and warning you in the dialog. Since there is no harm in putting the same goodreads id on the same shelf multiple times I removed that functionality to speed up adding to shelves with v1.6.

True duplicate checking would be comparing title/authors, not goodreads id. Goodreads already have that functionality on their website as a feature they offer for your shelves. In addition, if you were using the "Sync from shelves" feature of this plugin, you could setup a sync action to set some tag or custom column to show you that a book is on a particular shelf. So by then searching within calibre you could tell what books were on what shelves.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2012, 03:45 AM   #348
ViktorShchedrin
Connoisseur
ViktorShchedrin began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
ok i will try

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
True duplicate checking would be comparing title/authors, not goodreads id.
thank you, will try to sync
ViktorShchedrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 03:03 PM   #349
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

v1.6.4 Released

Changes in this release:
  • For the switch edition feature, ensure that variations of ISBN scraped from web page are handled better
  • On Add to shelf dialog, make the Add to shelf button a default one so can just hit enter
Old 02-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #350
saxondawg
Connoisseur
saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle paperwhite
I hope I'm not re-raising a question that's been covered, but now that we have Page Count working together with the Goodreads Sync, is it possible to rethink the apnx generator so that it begins from the more accurate Goodreads page count, when available, rather than an estimate based on content? The apnx generator has served us well, but I do notice some big differences, for various reasons, between its estimates and what Goodreads says. I can certainly live with having a Goodreads page count in my metadata, and a different page count in the actual e-book (I'm assuming that's my situation now), but it would be great to tie these things in together.
saxondawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #351
kiwidude

When calibre 0.8.40 gets released, any users who use "Send to device" for their Kindle can configure it to use the value from the custom pages column (see the screenshot from the first post in the Count Pages thread).
Old 02-17-2012, 01:00 PM   #352
saxondawg
Connoisseur
saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!saxondawg is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle paperwhite
Thanks, Kwidude!
saxondawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #353
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Kiwidude:

A question: I already have my books linked to goodreads, but I just realized a lot of them do not have their ratings uploaded to goodreads. I would like to link up my ratings, what would be the best method to accomplish this? I see a sync from goods but not an option to sync to goodreads.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #354
kiwidude

Nyn, just use the add to shelf functionality. You could setup your read shelf to upload the rating. Since you are presumably only uploading books you have read, all books should exist on the read shelf so the plugin's net effect to goodreads will be to only upload your rating and not change any other aspect of the book.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:34 PM   #355
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Nyn, just use the add to shelf functionality. You could setup your read shelf to upload the rating. Since you are presumably only uploading books you have read, all books should exist on the read shelf so the plugin's net effect to goodreads will be to only upload your rating and not change any other aspect of the book.

Thanks a bunch.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:22 PM   #356
charles_cinci
Enthusiast
charles_cinci began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Unhappy Plug in casuing floppy drive to continuously seek

disregard...

Seems to be an issue with calibre itself when it doesn't properly detect my Nook ST.

Thanks!
Charles

Last edited by charles_cinci; 02-21-2012 at 11:26 PM. Reason: not an issue anymore
charles_cinci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:20 AM   #357
GoghGirl
GoghGirl began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color Rooted
I would just like to throw out an idea I like.. You may totally disregard it.

Im always forgetting when new books are coming out. Would it be possible to be able to sync a future book into an empty placeholder(ie not actually containing an ebook file)? Maybe have the placeholder in a different/bright color to differentiate it and be able to sync pub date, series and the cover?
This could also be useful as a 'wish' list of books you are planning on getting but keep forgetting about.

Also thankyou! Plug in is very useful! ^^
GoghGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:46 AM   #358
kiwidude

Hi GoghGirl,

You should be able to do all of that already . This plugin does not care whether you have formats associated with a book or not. So you can use the "Add Empty Book" feature from the Add button menu in the calibre toolbar (or use ctrl+shift+e). Then grab metadata for that book as per normal.

Alternatively say you have a "wishlist" shelf in Goodreads that you maintain on their website. Then when you sync from that shelf you will be shown books on the shelf which you don't have a book in calibre for yet. You can right click and choose the add empty book option. I can't recall how many of the fields that option populates but you can always do a metadata download for that book afterwards.

As for the colouring, calibre has the ability to do custom colouring rules, so you could set up a rule for books in your library that have no formats. I am sure there will be information on this in the calibre help, plus there are threads here like this one.

Have fun!
Old 04-04-2012, 03:52 AM   #359
PeppermintTea
PeppermintTea began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Nothing but error!

I tried to install this plugin, but got this message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 731, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 385, in check_for_add_to_toolbars
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 539, in load_actual_plugin
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'GoodreadsSyncAction'

I have gotten several different error messages trying to install this plugin
PeppermintTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:36 AM   #360
kiwidude

@PeppermintTea - welcome to MobileRead.

A quick search of this thread found someone else who had a similar error a while ago. It isn't specific to this plugin, it is something corrupted with your calibre installation. The advice from Kovid (main developer of calibre) can be found here

Tags
calibre, goodreads