Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-16-2013, 05:33 AM   #36856
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Yes, I haven't had time to properly respond, but you did a great job, but I look horrid! I must need more sleep!
You're going to have to change your outfit if you expect to be allowed more sleep .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #36857
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Playing with my new Kobo Glo while it charges. Not as huge difference between it and my T1 as I expected.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #36858
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Looking for warm clothing. Who knew it would suddenly become winter?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:10 PM   #36859
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm opening birthday presents. During the night my wife woke up and put a bunch of 'em on my desk to find this morning. I think she must have made the rounds to all my favorite "toy" stores (guitar shops, hobby shops, computer shops, etc.) and picked up one of these and one of those, 'little fun things.' It's fun opening them! How many people do you know who'd be tickled pink to receive a piece of buffalo bone for their birthday? But she must have been planing too... There is a brand new 'left handed' ruler! That had to be ordered on-line! This is fun!
Old 12-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #36860
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I'm opening birthday presents. During the night my wife woke up and put a bunch of 'em on my desk to find this morning. I think she must have made the rounds to all my favorite "toy" stores (guitar shops, hobby shops, computer shops, etc.) and picked up one of these and one of those, 'little fun things.' It's fun opening them! How many people do you know who'd be tickled pink to receive a piece of buffalo bone for their birthday? But she must have been planing too... There is a brand new 'left handed' ruler! That had to be ordered on-line! This is fun!
Glad you're having fun. The missis sounds like a very thoughtful lady.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #36861
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Glad you're having fun. The missis sounds like a very thoughtful lady.
That's why I kept her. And why it took me 17 years to find her after divorcing wife #2. And... why I work so hard to keep her happy. I know a good thing when I've found it... err.... her.

It's been a perfect day, made all the better because
we are one person
we are two alone
we are three together
we are for each other

Steven Stills may have written it for Judy Collins but it works just as well for us.

Stitchawl
Old 12-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #36862
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Many Happy Returns Stitchawl - I'll raise a glass to you later.

It's mine in 12 days time, and I've just bought my present (on behalf of my wife) today, and had it fitted. A Digital Radio for the car, with hands free Bluetooth for my phone and a jack for my iPod. I'm a happy bunny.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #36863
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I never knew there was a 'left handed' ruler Stitchawl, although I have heard of left handed scissors. I'm glad you are having a fun time with all your gifts on your birthday.

orlok - Happy pre-birthday and what a great gift your wife gave you; it's just what you wanted.

I'm waking up with my morning coffee and making my Christmas Eve and Christmas day grocery list. I really dread being in stores so close to holidays; the crowds are crazy.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #36864
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
...There is a brand new 'left handed' ruler! That had to be ordered on-line!...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I never knew there was a 'left handed' ruler Stitchawl, although I have heard of left handed scissors....
I also never heard of a left handed ruler, but it makes sense. A lot of folks have never heard of an inside reading folding ruler, but they're the only kind I buy. They're much more convenient and useful in my opinion than the "normal" outside reading rules, but only a few places carry them. Many of the employees I've encountered at local hardware stores have given me a blank stare whenever I've asked for one.

An inside reading rule:

A "normal" folding rule:

WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #36865
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
That's great; I need to look for one of those.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #36866
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
orlok - Happy pre-birthday and what a great gift your wife gave you; it's just what you wanted.
I know. Wonder how she knew .
Old 12-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #36867
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Many Happy Returns Stitchawl - I'll raise a glass to you later.
Thanks!

Quote:
It's mine in 12 days time, and I've just bought my present (on behalf of my wife) today, and had it fitted. A Digital Radio for the car, with hands free Bluetooth for my phone and a jack for my iPod. I'm a happy bunny.
"The only difference between men and boys are the price of our toys." Looks as if you chose well!

Quote:
I never knew there was a 'left handed' ruler Stitchawl, although I have heard of left handed scissors. I'm glad you are having a fun time with all your gifts on your birthday.
As a 'righty,' you'd be amazed how how many things that you use daily are difficult for us lefties... Soup ladles with spouts on the 'wrong' side, measuring cups with the numbers on the wrong side, spiral notebooks with the spiral binding on the wrong side, even serrated kitchen knives have the serrations on the wrong side! We've had to learn how to cope with these things, and none are particularly earth shattering, but it's sooo much easier when we get a lefty version. On the other hand (pun intended,) I did finally find a left-handed mug...

A friend of mine used to rib me about complaining about this problem... until he tried cooking in my left-handed kitchen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I also never heard of a left handed ruler, but it makes sense.
It makes life so much easier for us. But I'd never heard of an inside-reading folding ruler before. That makes great sense too!

Stitchawl
Old 12-20-2013, 03:20 AM   #36868
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Mentally preparing for one of my least favourite things to do: clothes shopping. I'm also doing all the other shopping I still need to do, so I avoid the weekend and Monday,when I expect it will be very busy with Christmas shoppers.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:07 AM   #36869
Stitchawl
Opsimath

I had an on-line tutorial this morning with my audiologists in Indiana, teaching me about the newest software for programing my hearing aids. Now I'm sitting here with wires running out behind my ears, making little adjustments to make all the various frequencies and sounds sound perfectly normal. I never realized that my keyboard was so noisy!!!

Stitchawl
Old 12-20-2013, 09:00 AM   #36870
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
I had an on-line tutorial this morning with my audiologists in Indiana, teaching me about the newest software for programing my hearing aids. Now I'm sitting here with wires running out behind my ears, making little adjustments to make all the various frequencies and sounds sound perfectly normal. I never realized that my keyboard was so noisy!!!

Stitchawl
One of my favorite stories is when a friend of mine got his first hearing aids from the VA. When he walked outside to get to his car, he heard an alarming noise, like somebody was about to jump him. He stopped, it stopped. Rinse and repeat a few times, then he figured it out. It was the noise of his arms swishing against his coat as he walked. :-D
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?