Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
(Bargain, US Kindle) Zen & Mars/Venus: Zeitgeist of the 1970's and 1990's

These books were each one of the major “It” books of their periods—1974 and 1992 respectively. Nearly every newspaper, magazine, talk show, etc., covered them, and they were so influential that they became part of the Zeitgeist, and variations on the titles became part of the vernacular of the times.
So, if you want to re-read, are having a bout of nostalgia, doing cultural research, or have been procrastinating for the last few decades, here’s you big chance. $2.99 each at Amazon.

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (An Inquiry into Values), by Robert M. Pirsig (1974) (dropped from $7.99)
http://www.amazon.com/Zen-Art-Motorc.../dp/B0026772N8

Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus, by John Gray (1992) (dropped from $10.99)

http://www.amazon.com/Mars-Women-Ven.../dp/B000FC12SM

KentE
KentE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:44 PM   #2
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
Oh, NO! Am I being punished for posting books from the way-back days? Uhhh, okay.... I guess I've just crossed some magical postings count, and graduated from being a "zealot" (user title) to being a "Groupie"....
Are you kidding me? I kind of liked being a zealot, but I've spent most of my life working in the industry in which the term "Groupie" originated, and whoever dreamed up this one as a User Title has either one twisted sense of humor, or a lack of awareness of the less-than-complimentary nature of the term....
Can I retract a few posts and go back to being a zealot if I never post again? Can I post another 150 times in the next hour or so, and get out of the Groupie category? (yeah, I just investigated & found that I can pick my own title now, but kind of liked the idea of growing through the standard titles... but "Groupie"? .... that, I can not abide for long. Oh, I hate the responsibility of dreaming up my own title.....)
KentE
KentE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
LOL! Just change it to "Perpetual Zealot".

Or "Reluctant Groupie".
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote