Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-21-2006, 04:16 AM   #1
herve
Enthusiast
herve began at the beginning.

Device: TungstenC / hopefully iLi
The stylus

I have difficulties using the stylus, even when know to be supported.

Even putting it back and forth in the slot won't help.

I eventually found that I have better chances if the stylus is removed before booting the Iliad.

What are your tricks to circumvent the stylus behaviour?
herve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 04:20 AM   #2
Tscherno
iLiad Geek
Tscherno began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad #505; Sony T1, Amazon Paperwhite first Gen & sec is coming!
Hardware issue...

Have you charged your battery completly? My problems where caused from low batteries.
Tscherno is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2006, 06:02 AM   #3
herve
Enthusiast
herve began at the beginning.

Device: TungstenC / hopefully iLi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tscherno
Hardware issue...

Have you charged your battery completly? My problems where caused from low batteries.
Yes, I charged it while ending my work day, then I played with it in the evening.

I certainly hope this is not a hardware issue.
herve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:56 AM   #4
nidsche
nidsche began at the beginning.

Software Issue

I recently send a mail about the problem to Irex. According to them it is a software problem which should be fixed in the next version.
They told me if it is not fixed I should contact them.

Best regards Norbert
nidsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:00 PM   #5
The GreatGonzo
Old Yeller
The GreatGonzo is on a distinguished road

Device: Iliad & Kindle - The Best of Both Worlds
I can't figure out how to erase, nor am I sure I know what four out of the five icons at the bottom left of the notepad actually do. But I'm sure that's just me, not the Iliad, and the writing itself is ok; I get better at it every day.

A more detailed product manual would have been nice, particularly with a first-generation product of this kind.
The GreatGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2006, 11:00 PM   #6
oliverbogler
Connoisseur
oliverbogler has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GreatGonzo
I can't figure out how to erase, nor am I sure I know what four out of the five icons at the bottom left of the notepad actually do. But I'm sure that's just me, not the Iliad, and the writing itself is ok; I get better at it every day.

A more detailed product manual would have been nice, particularly with a first-generation product of this kind.
The manual in the documentation folder goes over the icons (thickness and color of line), although the erasing is a bit mysterious, I agree.
oliverbogler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 07:35 AM   #7
Henry Loenwind
Enthusiast
Henry Loenwind is on a distinguished road

Erasing is easy - once you got the concept:

Ever line you paint is stored as vecor element. The eraser deletes those vector elements. So you touch a line with the eraser and it disapears completely. Note that it first gets overpainted with a white line, so there are some artifacts on screen. Once the screen is refreshed (e.g. by selecting the paint brush again) it is completly gone. BTW, I like the artifacts, so I can see what I just deleted...
Henry Loenwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:09 AM   #8
The GreatGonzo
Old Yeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Loenwind
So you touch a line with the eraser and it disapears completely. Note that it first gets overpainted with a white line, so there are some artifacts on screen. Once the screen is refreshed (e.g. by selecting the paint brush again) it is completly gone.
OK ... at the risk of looking like a complete idiot - WHAT ERASER?
The other end of the stylus? That doesn't do anything!
Is there an icon I should select? Which one? I tried them all, two seem to do something to the page size, the other ones I can't figure out... HELP!
Old 07-29-2006, 08:28 AM   #9
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
Ok, in a notepad/scribble page, there are 5 icons:

First icon: pen (when you first go into the page, there's nothing selected, so you don't write, don't erase, nothing), it goes black when it's selected.
Second icon: pen thickness, press it once, and it expands into four options (the remaining 3 icons that are on the right of this 2nd icon get pushed further right, so you have 8 icons showing right now), select the pen thickness you want and it collapses again, showing the app. choice you made.
Third icon: pen colour, works the same as pen thickness, choose between white, light gray, dark grey and black.
Fourth icon: eraser, goes black when selected (same as 1st icon, pen), then "draw on/over" or select any lines you want to erase from your drawing, first it looks like you just drew a white line on top of them (leaving black edges), but as Henry said, when the screen refreshes it's all gone.
Fifth icon: new page, click to go to a new page, your current page will be just before it (go back and forth with the long bar if you want).
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:59 AM   #10
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Any idea about if we have two buttons or only one? Should a Wacom pen with "right button" work?
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 02:46 PM   #11
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
I bet additional buttons from other wacom pens are not implemented. Someone mentioned, that the back of a "tablet" pen works, but just as the normal tip.

And i would like the icons for selection of the tool, not to appear in the same row, but beneath the icons in a seperate row.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:27 PM   #12
The GreatGonzo
Old Yeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaHuguet
Ok, in a notepad/scribble page, there are 5 icons: ...
No there weren't - guess what happened, even though the software told me that OS version 2.5 plus all other updates had been successfully installed, this was not the case; I don't know what went wrong. Wasn't until today when I idly fiddled with the Connect button while checking out a wifi hotspot that the little bugger started downloading again and I finally had all those icons for using the stylus.

Must get myself an avatar that looks extremely sheepish.

Thanks to Ela who took the time to explain it all while I was still messing about with 2.4...
Old 07-30-2006, 04:15 AM   #13
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
Hehehe... well, at least you got to know what was coming! You're welcome.
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:49 AM   #14
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Has anyone tried a Wacom mouse or Wacom airbrush?

I realize the airbrush is silly but the mouse would be handy for doing take off on diagrams laid over the screen of the Iliad (like for HVAC estimating etc...)
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:51 AM   #15
Pitchfork
Connoisseur
Pitchfork began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad/Ipaq 6340
@ scotty1024
I have tried with the Intuos tools (airbrush, mouse, pen, marker etc.) and they did not work.
Pitchfork is offline   Reply With Quote