Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-04-2009, 12:38 AM   #1
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Clearing out Recent Files

Could someone please tell me my various options for clearing out recent files in the Pocket Pro?

Is there an option to clear some at a time or do I have to clear all recent files at the one time?

Also I would like to know if this can be done from within the device itself while not connected to the pc?

Thanks.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:59 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
When connected to a PC, deleting the file RecentlyRead.sys in the root of the filesystem seems to work. If you have filename extensions hidden, this might show up as just RecentlyRead. Deleting the file seems to be safe. When I disconnect from USB, or perhaps when I enter the "Recent files" folder, it gets regenerated with no ebook entries.

This file contains the names and locations of the ebooks that will be listed in the Recent files folder. It might be possible to edit this file to delete individual entries, but it contains some binary (or non-plain text) information and so this might not work well.

I don't know of any way to do this without connecting to a PC. It is probably possible to produce a ClearRecent.exe.fb2 (say) script that deletes RecentlyRead.sys when invoked on the Pocket Pro, but I don't have any experience with producing .exe.fb2 files.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2009, 11:39 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
Could someone please tell me my various options for clearing out recent files in the Pocket Pro?

Is there an option to clear some at a time or do I have to clear all recent files at the one time?

Also I would like to know if this can be done from within the device itself while not connected to the pc?

Thanks.
When I spoke to Amy, while visiting Astak, File/directory manipulation from the PEZ was high on the request list Until then, Your PC is the only way.

I am not sure what messing with the PEZ system type files does. Delete them and they get re-started, but you lose all your last page viewed and bookmarks. Rearrange your library folder layout and what will happen? So far, I have not seen issues.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:04 AM   #4
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
When I disconnect from USB, or perhaps when I enter the "Recent files" folder, it gets regenerated with no ebook entries.
Thanks Wallcraft. That cleans the recently read files nicely, both on the built in storage and the sd card. Regenerates folder easily too. Plus the reader still remembers where I am up to in the book I am reading after doing this procedure.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:11 AM   #5
Javed
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks Theducks for your reply.

My last page viewed didn't get lost though. Not sure about the bookmarks, however, as I hadn't any in place before I cleared the recent files. It would indeed be good if more file manipulation becomes available from within the PEZ.
Advert