Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #1
amybobamy
Befuddled Neophyte
amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Nook Color
Question I Almost Give Up: How do I access my ePubs side-loaded via ADE on Nook Color?

First, please forgive this probably-simple question, since I am positive it has been addressed elsewhere, and I simply cannot find the answer.

I have a two-week old Nook Color, which I love. But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to find my side-loaded ADE ePub books on my device.
Today I did the following to load Project Gutenberg books onto the Nook:

1) Cabled NC to computer
2) Loaded ADE onto computer, with sign-in; it recognized the device;
3) ADE recognized Nook Color
3) Downloaded several ePubs into the Nook Color, which show up on ADE on the computer screen;4) Correctly disconnected Nook from computer;
5) Now cannot find the books on my device.

Where oh where can they be? More importantly, how do I access them?

When I connect the NC to my computer, I find the epubs within it under the following file:
MyNOOKColor> Digital Editions > Thumbnails > Adobe Digital Editions

I sure would be grateful for help!!!
amybobamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #2
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
I think you are doing it wrong. You say in step 3 that you "downloaded several epubs into the Color Nook." No, you should download them to your PC. Then drag and drop them into ADE. After doing so, the epubs will be in the ADE library and can then be transferred to the Nook.

I kind of forget how to do that, but hopefully someone else can take it from here. I think when you have the Nook connected and you select a book in the ADE library view, a button may appear that says transfer to Nook, or maybe it is via a right-mouse click on the book?

I know you can use Windows Explorer to copy the epub from the ADE library directly to the Nook. The ADE library is in a folder like this:

c:\Users\Richard\Documents\My Digital Editions\book_name.epub
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #3
amybobamy
Befuddled Neophyte
amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.amybobamy could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Nook Color
Oh dear, I solved the problem by switching computers. I don't know why, but books were not properly loading from ADE onto my device. I switched to a newer computer, and the whole thing worked just fine.

I learn so much on this site, that even when I don't get the information i need, I'm still happy.
amybobamy is offline   Reply With Quote