Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-24-2012, 03:10 AM   #1
JoelH
Enthusiast
JoelH began at the beginning.

Device: none
Prs T1 and Ubuntu, Linux - does it work ?

Hello

Is it possible to use the Sony prs t1 with linux (Ubuntu) ?

Have anyone tried this?

J
JoelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:17 AM   #2
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
It should just appear as another mass storage device and calibre should be fine with that
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2012, 04:49 AM   #3
pingi
pingi began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Yes it is working fine with Ubuntu as mass storage and also together with calibre.
Only the initial Sony Reader <-> PRS T1 setup requires a Win* (activating the T1 for your Adobe ID)
All DRM things later will also work with the Sony Reader and ADE under Wine.

At lease I have it running this way.
pingi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:46 AM   #4
rubentje1991
Enthusiast
rubentje1991 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingi View Post
Yes it is working fine with Ubuntu as mass storage and also together with calibre.
Only the initial Sony Reader <-> PRS T1 setup requires a Win* (activating the T1 for your Adobe ID)
All DRM things later will also work with the Sony Reader and ADE under Wine.

At lease I have it running this way.
Me too (activated via Win XP in VirtualBox)
rubentje1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #5
JoelH
Enthusiast
JoelH began at the beginning.

Device: none
Cool

Thank you

Can i download a win xp for virtualbox?
JoelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #6
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelH View Post
Cool

Thank you

Can i download a win xp for virtualbox?
Not legally.
But you can authorize the T1 when you connect it to WiFi and try to access the Reader Store.
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:56 AM   #7
bibilouis
bibilouis began at the beginning.

Running fine under ubuntu 12.04 and calibre 0.8.51
Activated for Adobe DRM under Windows7.

I am just wondering if some of you managed to run the SONY software "Reader.exe" with wine ? I tried but failed with obscure errors :

err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {6e74d646-755a-46ef-a7a6-54bba5fd4d7b} not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {6e74d646-755a-46ef-a7a6-54bba5fd4d7b} could be created for context 0x1

This software is needed to upgrade PRS-T1's firmware... and I would like to do it on my linux box if possible.
bibilouis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #8
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
bibliouis

Not true, check: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...rade_via_Linux
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #9
bibilouis
bibilouis began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post

Oh, it's even very easy actually !

Thank you very much Mark,
I went through this wiki page already but I focused only on "Tweaks for Non-Rooted Devices" ...
bibilouis is offline   Reply With Quote