Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-21-2007, 10:57 AM   #1
Icarusbop
Groupie
Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.

Device: PRS505
What about left handed people?

I'm left handed, therefore I hold a book in my right hand when reading (So I can still drink, eat, scratch etc. with my hand that works).
The Kindle looks quite nice but it is tapered, with the fat holding edge on the left - that means I'll be contantly dropping it as I'll be holding it with the narrow edge!

Who else is fed up with being descriminated aginst because of their favourite hand? scissors, bowling balls, pens & now books!!! Next they will be locking us up, and people will be throwing stones at us!!!
Icarusbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:59 AM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Actually i assume, that the Kindle is alot better for leftys than most other devices. It looks like it could very well be handled nicley in either hand. Havent tried it yet though.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2007, 11:10 AM   #3
SanAntone
Connoisseur
SanAntone began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and Scribe
I let my mother use it yesterday (she's left handed). She thought it was great. You have "next page" buttons on both sides of the device.
SanAntone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:21 AM   #4
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I'm a lefty and I'll let you know later how it works for me.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:59 PM   #5
Zoot
Connoisseur
Zoot began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
I find that I tend to grip it more from the bottom corners than the side, and if you hold it with both hands like you're holding a book open then there's no issue. Being right-handed I tend to hold it with my left had in the lower left corner most of the time.

I was going to say that it felt weighted a bit more towards the left hand, but I just balanced it on a straight edge and the weight distribution is almost perfectly even left to right as the unit balances at a point just between the two halves of the keyboard.

The extra thickness on the left is nicer for holding it than the thinner right side, but it's not as big of an issue as you might expect and I wouldn't worry about it. I suspect it they could have they would have made both sides as thin as the right-hand side.

Z.
Zoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert