Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #46
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
Yes, I am a cheap bastard!
Hahaha So would I be Sounds like ridiculously annoying nonsense rules those WHSmith people have. But, you now have a Mini that you bought directly from the store instead of order & pick up [5 days later], so they should just exchange it for you. The "order a new one" that the Kobo customer service wrote in the mail (or chat, or whatever) probably is just something she* typed without knowing it means something completely different to you

I think it's just: store, buy product, product breaks, back to store, exchange for new product... And otherwise just get me on the phone, I'll give them a mouth full

*She?? Why did I assume a she?
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:45 PM   #47
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
I think it's just: store, buy product, product breaks, back to store, exchange for new product... And otherwise just get me on the phone, I'll give them a mouth full

*She?? Why did I assume a she?

just a week to wait now, I'll let you know!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #48
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I really wonder why people want to risk using the totally unsupported .kepub.epub approach. It strikes me as adding in one unneeded complexity to the entire purpose of the device; namely reading books.

Yes there might be some bugs that are not present in the Access renderer on the Kobo; however, as people are seeing, there are additional issues that are raised by using it.
The only use I've found for using the kepub.epub extension is it's ability to handle languages that are not written left to right, top to bottom. On standard epub 2 books, I really don't find the pages per chapter display to be a compelling reason.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #49
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

just a week to wait now, I'll let you know!
Good luck! And have a good trip home!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:56 PM   #50
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The only use I've found for using the kepub.epub extension is it's ability to handle languages that are not written left to right, top to bottom. On standard epub 2 books, I really don't find the pages per chapter display to be a compelling reason.
That plus epub 3 support are the main reasons I see to use it. I like the extra reading stats but the pages per chapter annoys me too much.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2013, 06:58 AM   #51
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I like the extra reading stats but the pages per chapter annoys me too much.
Me too and me too. Can't you use your extraordinary influence with all the Kobo people that love you to get them to make the way the pages show customisable?
Old 03-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #52
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Me too and me too. Can't you use your extraordinary influence with all the Kobo people that love you to get them to make the way the pages show customisable?
Influence, me? If I thought I had any, I'd be pushing at my "favourite" bugs.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:24 AM   #53
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Influence, me? If I thought I had any, I'd be pushing at my "favourite" bugs.
Have you tried using your wand? It's the people ignorant of their powers that have the most influence of course...
Old 03-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #54
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

so... at heathrow in between flights, and got my faulty mini replaced - the new one is white (only one they had), but just at this moment up and running
Old 03-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #55
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
so... at heathrow in between flights, and got my faulty mini replaced - the new one is white (only one they had), but just at this moment up and running
Yaaaayy!!! Congrats! And good thinking to try a different WHSmith than the one near you with the crappy nonsense
Old 03-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #56
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Yaaaayy!!! Congrats! And good thinking to try a different WHSmith than the one near you with the crappy nonsense
in fairness, the crappy nonsense was online (on the WHSmith website): real humans seem (happily) much more reasonable
Old 03-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #57
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Time to go back to your to-be-read pile Just in time for the weekend, a three-day one to boot.

I hope you'll like the white Mini. I chose this colour in part because the logo is less obvious in grey on white, and I like it very much (so not too appliance-y with a red snapback).
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote