Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:36 AM   #1201
Catlady
Wizard
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook Lite, Libre Color
I just finished Before He Finds Her, by Michael Kardos, read by Julia Whelan. This is the third thriller I took a chance on based on the glowing professional reviews (the others being the horrid One Step Too Far and the marginally acceptable Descent), and although it was the best of the bunch, it didn't come close to being a riveting, thrilling, can't-put-downable page turner. It started oddly and rather slowly, with shifts in time and POV, but once it really got going, the story--involving a teenage girl who's been hidden away and presumed dead since her mother was murdered 15 years before--became quite intriguing. There were surprises along the way, but not a lot of suspense; if I graded books, this one would be a solid C.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:52 PM   #1202
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage,Kindle PW, Fire HDX 8.9, Fire HD8.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Well, that was just as enjoyable the second time as the first, and has me back up to speed for the new one due out shortly.

Now reading A Dangerous Place, written by Jacqueline Winspear, and read by Orlagh Cassidy, the latest in the Maise Dobbs series. I love the series, and am enjoying this edition of it, though I admit the reader sometimes annoys. But the story is worth it.
Finished, and very much enjoyed the book, in spite of the reader. This is one of the better Maise Dobbs books, in my opinion, though it takes a bit to get going. There's a time lapse of ~3 years since the end of the previous book, and the action takes place predominately in Gibraltar at the time of the revolution in Spain. Which, of course, Maise gets involved with.

Now reading Cannary Row, by John Steinbeck, narrated by by Jerry Farden. His voice is perfect for this time and place, and I'm enjoying his reading. The book, of course, is a classic and a good read under any circumstances, but is the MobileRead Book Club selection for this month.

BTW, this can be had as a WhisperSync for Voice book if you buy the correct version of the eBook. The one you want is: Cannery Row, but it's not easy to find. For some reason, Amazon only shows the non-WhisperSync edition, even though they're from the same publisher. And at the same price.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible, audiobooks, recommendations