Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-31-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Areader, a very simple android reader

I found this one by chance and it is simple but not bad, it still has some bugs but for those looking for a simple reader app, that might do the trick.
It is called areader and is available on the android market.
So far, it could open both my epubs and mobis, and displayed them fine ( although I only tested with simple files, so i cannot guarantee that everyone will be satisfied with it). I enjoy the fact that major functions are available from the first menu, and that calibre can be added as a catalog.
The downside of it is that it does not have a 2 pages display.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:54 PM   #2
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Looks like an updated version of Laputa. Nice, except searching is slow (two minutes for my Summa Theologica test). (A couple of times faster than the Kindle app but a couple of times slower than Moon+.)
pruss is offline   Reply With Quote