Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-18-2014, 12:53 PM   #38176
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Yeah, i guess that was kind of vague. And to be clear, the awake and panic breathing was about about hour before the event. I'm great in disasters, just don't get me spun up for one
Are you prophetic or something? How did you wake up in advance to panic? Or was the awakening and panicking not actually caused by/related to?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:06 PM   #38177
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
...I wish I was 18 again (but knew what I know now!).
I'd be happy to just know what I knew when I was 18.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:02 AM   #38178
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Back home again.

Yesterday, after we checked out and put our bags in storage at the hotel we went on the highlights walking tour of the Tourist Information Centre. Which was very interesting. After a quick lunch we went to the supermarket to get something to eat and drink for on the boat and picked up our suitcases and ordered a taxi to the train station (where the bus to the ferry stops).

On the ferry we had dinner and went to our cabin. The sea was a little less calm than on Monday but this morning all was calm.

This trip was supposed to be my alone trip, but my sister asked if I would mind if she'd join me since she wasn't going on holiday with her friends like they normally would. I'm now planning my alone trip, again to Newcastle, though when I will go will depend on when the new Kindle Voyager is available to be ordered and picked up at Waterstones .

At the moment I'm still swaying a bit, my body still thinking it's at sea and feeling slightly lightheaded (had the same problem on Tuesday).
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 03:18 PM   #38179
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I've s always that feeling!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:49 PM   #38180
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
I've s always that feeling!
But that's caused by your wacky weed, right?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:54 PM   #38181
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I am unwinding (no wacky anything involved) after a long day on the road.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:35 PM   #38182
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Actually my lovely auto correct changed that.

It should have been; "I've always loved that feeling "
Old 09-20-2014, 01:19 AM   #38183
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
@KK - I didn't see a reply to your koi question, and I don't know the answer, but CJ Cherryh over in Spokane has had a koi pond in her back yard for several years. She keeps a blog at http://www.cherryh.com/WaveWithoutAShore/ - her contact info is up in the top line of little text at the top of the page. Her partner Jane has had koi pictures in her blog, which is linked from CJ's. -- Good Luck
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 12:52 PM   #38184
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Thanks pholy!
Old 09-20-2014, 01:04 PM   #38185
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
@KK - I didn't see a reply to your koi question, and I don't know the answer, but CJ Cherryh over in Spokane has had a koi pond in her back yard for several years. She keeps a blog at http://www.cherryh.com/WaveWithoutAShore/ - her contact info is up in the top line of little text at the top of the page. Her partner Jane has had koi pictures in her blog, which is linked from CJ's. -- Good Luck
I went to her blog and saw one thing about cleaning pond filters, but nothing else specifically about koi? I checked the links on the top as well as the side?
Old 09-20-2014, 01:42 PM   #38186
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Shopping!

I just ordered a bunch of stuff to make a travel photobook. I also ordered wax tarts from Yankee Candle (I never tried those before). Tomorrow I'll go through the photographs I took in Newcastle and order the ones I want to use for my photo book.

I can't wait until Tuesday for all my goodies to arrive!
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 08:53 PM   #38187
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Thinking about summer camp a long, long time ago...

I received an e-mail the other day, the subject of which read "Are you Steve 'Horse'?" It brought on a flood of memories...
There was no other text, but I recognized the name of the sender. In my mind's eye, she was is a 14 year old girl (although now she'd be about 63) It will be fun hearing how her life turned out.

When I was 19 years old I was the horseback riding instructor at an all-girls summer camp on the shores of a remote lake in the mountains of New Hampshire. The perfect job for a 19 year old walking hormone.
At this camp, all the staff were called by their specialties, i.e. Mary Arts&Crafts, Joan Waterfront, Melanie Tennis, etc. I was Steve Horse, the guy who rode 'Sundancer,' the chestnut mare who danced instead of walked.

This young girl was the best of the 'advanced riders' group, and a 'barn groupie.' She loved anything to do with horses, and would spend as much time at the stables as we'd allow. She was happy to muck the stalls, curry and brush the horses, help repair saddlery, etc., etc., and we became good friends. More like brother and sister. On rainy days when no riding was going on, we'd sit and talk for hours. On more usual balmy sunny summer days I could take my advanced riders for trail rides through the mountains, along the lake shore, or play games on horseback such as 'Capture the Flag' through the woods.

Really nice group of kids... All of 'em, not just the advanced riders. I don't remember any snotty or bratty ones. And the staff were a delightful group of young college girls from the US and several from Europe. I seem to remember there were about 20 counselors around my age or a year or two older. Day times spent riding through beautiful high mountain forests, evenings spent around campfires and in the Rec Hall, and later on after the kids went to bed, watching the 'submarine races' down by the lake... Memories of 'the perfect summer.'

I spent the following summer in a Vietnamese rice paddy.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:30 AM   #38188
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
I went to her blog and saw one thing about cleaning pond filters, but nothing else specifically about koi? I checked the links on the top as well as the side?
It's been a running topic over the last few years... but there aren't any tags on anything, so no searching. I'd suggest you email her with a couple of questions; she may be able to suggest some books. My first question would be "Do koi get lonely?"

If she has the time, you'll learn more from her than from any amount of googling.

OTOH, if you have eagles nearby... she puts some sort of netting over her pond.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:57 AM   #38189
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

My pond is between a third to half an acre so that's not happening. One side of it has some berry bushes that drape into the water. I've seen him under those bushes many times so I think he's fairly pro active about his safety
Old 09-21-2014, 11:22 AM   #38190
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Wondering what I SHOULD be doing right now... Wondering so much that in the end I am doing nothing
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?