Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 08-29-2011, 10:55 PM   #16
lenkost
lenkost began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, Sony PRS-505
My main issue with the current Web Front End is that I use it mostly with Kindle browser. Unfortunately Kindle browser does not support typing Russian characters so I cannot do any search at all, so my only way to get around is the GUI.
Currently if I select one condition (for example - language) I get a plain list of all items and cannot narrow it down by adding additional conditions.

I suggest that instead of going directly to search results after submitting request it could return to the main screen and there have a choice to view search results or add more options.

Or something like that.
Thank you.
lenkost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:39 PM   #17
innerspace
innerspace began at the beginning.

Device: g-slate (terrible decision)
New user, first post, excited about your revamp of the web interface and...

New user, first post, excited about your revamp of the web interface and have a request/idea. I share my collection with my family, all of whom have greatly enjoyed the easy access Calibre provides to our library. However, as the kids are getting older we would love to have a way to provide multiple user accounts within Calibre server in order to restrict access to content inappropriate for their age group. Would it be possible to integrate user/group management capabilities into the existing framework?

If so, could the ratings data be crowd-sourced via that userbase? And furthermore, would it be possible to create discussion threads for each title in the library? These features have been brought up repeatedly during family discussions and have been echoed by friends as well, apologies if this post is in the wrong spot, I don't want to hijack anyone's thread, OP's post and redesign inspired me to register.

Looks great, and thanks for a wonderful application.
innerspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:13 AM   #18
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Welcome to Mobileread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerspace View Post
New user, first post, excited about your revamp of the web interface and have a request/idea.
I applaud your enthusiasm, but all threads in the development area are for developer's questions and not for general questions or feature requests.

There are sticky posts at the top of every forum in the calibre forums that contain useful info for new and experience users. At the top of this forum is the following sticky post that outlines guidelines for this forum, PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING - The purpose of this subforum.

The features you are asking about do not currently exist. Read this page to learn how to make official enhancement requests or inquire in other forums.

Glad to have you aboard.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 11-02-2011 at 02:15 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:22 PM   #19
innerspace
innerspace began at the beginning.

Device: g-slate (terrible decision)
apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Welcome to Mobileread.

I applaud your enthusiasm, but all threads in the development area are for developer's questions and not for general questions or feature requests.

There are sticky posts at the top of every forum in the calibre forums that contain useful info for new and experience users. At the top of this forum is the following sticky post that outlines guidelines for this forum, PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING - The purpose of this subforum.

The features you are asking about do not currently exist. Read this page to learn how to make official enhancement requests or inquire in other forums.

Glad to have you aboard.
I apologize, I was responding to the following in this thread:

Quote:
Anyone else have input? Interface ideas or use cases I have not thought of for the desktop. I've been waiting for the API that interfaces easily with a touch library (jquery mobile or even sproutcore touch 2.0 - I've been waiting for an excuse to use it) to do the touch ui. I'd rather use a library than reinvent the wheel...
I have submitted my feature requests via launchpad, thank you for your response.

Kind Regards,

innerspace
innerspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:12 PM   #20
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I apologize, I was responding to the following in this thread
Seems like a reasonable response.

Quote:
I have submitted my feature requests via launchpad, thank you for your response.
Excellent, while they might not be implemented any time soon, they won't get lost either.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:10 AM   #21
Hexodus
Hexodus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony T1
This project looks so great but it seams to be dead. No progress updates for a long time and Dezmont didn't respond to my massages.

I guess that no one here got this project data and could share it with me?
Hexodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:27 AM   #22
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, no one has the code, I think dezmond deleted the launchpad branch he was doing the development in.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:27 AM   #23
Hexodus

Why would he do that? What a pity *sigh*
Ok, I almost there to start my own front end project.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #24
Hexodus

Good news. Dezmond just respond to my PM. There we'll be a new version soon! ^^
Old 12-18-2012, 08:53 AM   #25
luoman
luoman began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Hi guys

Anybody got news from Dezmond ?
i'm looking for a better WFE design for Calibre Server
If someone have links or someting else...

thanks you!
luoman
luoman is offline   Reply With Quote