Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-01-2010, 10:41 PM   #1
GaylaM
GaylaM began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Uh Oh!! I made a boo boo

I didn't pay much attention on a few books I downloaded. Then I saw a notice to NOT download if you live outside of Canada because of copyright laws. What should I do?
GaylaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:14 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaylaM View Post
I didn't pay much attention on a few books I downloaded. Then I saw a notice to NOT download if you live outside of Canada because of copyright laws. What should I do?
Not a Calibre question. You might try the General Discussion forum.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Stop fussing, Gayla. This is no big deal. You don't intend to make a business out of piracy do you? An innocent mistake that you were encouraged to make. And if copyright is cleared in one civilised country with strict controls and undeniable conscience and responsibility, it's cleared everywhere in my eyes -- morally if not to the letter of the legally nit-pickin' restrictions greedy lawyers impose on dead artists' estates. Ask yourself one single and simple question ... would the creator of this work want you to read it so long after his death or would he insist you lined the pockets of some obscure lawyer or smart copyright agent first? Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote