Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
apos
Zealot
apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: 623 Touch Lux, 912 Pro (selled), Surfpad 4 L, Waiting for CAD-Reader !
Reading and conversion of pdf on e-Ink - link to wiki page

Hi there,

since I made some efforts reading PDFs on my Pocketbook e-reader - thanks to this forum - I wrote down my "Best practices" in my wiki. It is not just about PDF's, but also how to convert the files, contrast enhancement, cropping and all the stuff. There are some handy bash scripts (tested under Ubuntu 11.10) for batch conversion.

This article was written mainly for the needs of e-Ink devices.

If you are interested, feel free to read the article here. I am more used of the mediawiki syntax, than forum syntax, so it was easier for me to get things done in my own wiki.

Greets Axel

Last edited by apos; 01-08-2012 at 10:16 PM.
apos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
We also have a wiki that can use this sort of article. Your site has serious security violations making it difficult to access.

Last edited by DaleDe; 01-08-2012 at 08:02 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2012, 10:30 PM   #3
apos
Zealot
apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: 623 Touch Lux, 912 Pro (selled), Surfpad 4 L, Waiting for CAD-Reader !
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
We also have a wiki that can use this sort of article. Your site has serious security violations making it difficult to access.
Didn't realize the Wiki. I am new to mobileread.com and had only be active in the forum. I am a big wiki fan, so I will use this now extensively. Searching around a big thread is not hat much fun So just created a wiki account!

But there is also a reason for creating a "readonly" page on my wiki, because it should not be altered by others (like in a forum). But since the two wiki's are of the same format, I can contribute easily.

Thanks for telling me the ssl problem, sorry I gave you the ssl link - corrected that in the post.
But just to mention: it is only a CA-Certificate from cacert.com - ssl certificate is ssl certificate, technically spoken. I use it only to login by myself.

So see you at the wiki

Last edited by apos; 01-08-2012 at 10:38 PM.
apos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:18 AM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by apos View Post
Didn't realize the Wiki. I am new to mobileread.com and had only be active in the forum. I am a big wiki fan, so I will use this now extensively. Searching around a big thread is not hat much fun So just created a wiki account!

But there is also a reason for creating a "readonly" page on my wiki, because it should not be altered by others (like in a forum). But since the two wiki's are of the same format, I can contribute easily.

Thanks for telling me the ssl problem, sorry I gave you the ssl link - corrected that in the post.
But just to mention: it is only a CA-Certificate from cacert.com - ssl certificate is ssl certificate, technically spoken. I use it only to login by myself.

So see you at the wiki
great, we can always use good contributions to our wiki. But as you say we do have a collective effort. I do have one of my own (see my sig line) but it is not the same format exactly. Feel free to add a link to your wiki on your user page.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote