Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-10-2012, 12:41 AM   #1
likeadeadstar
likeadeadstar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
My entire library is stuck in I'm Reading

Ugh, this keeps happening more and more and I'm about ready to break my Kobo with a hammer.

I have a Kobo WiFi, latest software (just updated it via Kobo app), but sideload with Calibre.

Every single freaking time I add a book with Calibre, my entire library - both sideloads and the books I've bought on Kobo - dumps back into my I'm Reading and will NOT go away. I've had this a while; I've tried cycling by plugging/unplugging. I've tried restoring to factory and reloading my entire library. I've tried forcing a rebuild of SQlite. I've tried forcing a rebuild of Calibre's metadata. Some of these used to work but now, nothing's helping. I've spent two hours trying to fix it.

The worst part is, when I view the reader in Calibre, it claims only three books are in I'm Reading... and I can't even edit those boxes anymore to take them out!

It's so annoying... I have over 900 books on this thing. Not being able to find the two I'm reading is a nightmare! It lists every book as "open"

Any advice? Suggestions? HELP!

Last edited by likeadeadstar; 01-10-2012 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Clarity.
likeadeadstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Try changing the following setting in Calibre

Preferences | Sending Books to Devices | Metadata Management to Manual Management
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #3
likeadeadstar
likeadeadstar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
It's already on manual - I've always had it on manual.
likeadeadstar is offline   Reply With Quote