Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-27-2011, 03:22 PM   #1
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Question Backlist / New Release Notification

This has been asked before, but I still don't have a good site/system for this:

Does anyone have a good centralized-for-all-authors system for email notification when that author has a book come available in eBook form? (By which I mean both new releases and backlists.)

I have several authors that I like and watching them all individually is tedious in the extreme. Just recently I noted by chance that Margaret Atwood's "Alias Grace", "Wilderness Tips", and "Robber Bride" had come available in eBook form in the USA. I'd been running a search for those books once a month or so for almost a year, but realistically it's not convenient to do that for all the authors I like.

Bowker BIP is supposed to have a service that monitors and notifies you whenever a "new book" (including new formats) come available for authors you've searched for, but it's a paid service that I can only access through my work (who apparently has an 'all-employee' account with them) and the search results are exceedingly buggy.

Does anyone have a good system that works? Note that I'm really interested in the "self-maintaining / automation" aspect -- I'd like something that I can tell "Margaret Atwood" or "Of Love and Other Demons" and then I'll get an email when I can buy the book in eBook form. Etc.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
outlander78
Zealot
outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.outlander78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Arc 7
I want the same thing.

http://www.fictfact.com/ (suggested to me by someone here) is as good as I have found, but it only works for series, not authors who write stand-alone books.
outlander78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlander78 View Post
I want the same thing.

http://www.fictfact.com/ (suggested to me by someone here) is as good as I have found, but it only works for series, not authors who write stand-alone books.
Yeah, I've seen that before, but I follow very few series, so it's unhelpful for me. Plus, I want something that monitors "new" backlist releases.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:33 PM   #4
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
This is helpful though not exhaustive. most Kindle releases are paralleled by corresponding epub releases elsewhere though not always.

http://newebookreleases.blogspot.com/
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:18 PM   #5
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
This is helpful though not exhaustive. most Kindle releases are paralleled by corresponding epub releases elsewhere though not always.

http://newebookreleases.blogspot.com/
But that doesn't seem to be a notification service so much as something I'd have to check every day/week/month/time-unit to see if anyone I recognize is on the list?
Advert
Old 06-27-2011, 04:40 PM   #6
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I've often wished for such a thing, but don't think it exists. FictFact.com, as mentioned above, mostly works for me because the vast majority of what I read *is* series. But for those who don't read series, I don't think there's such a thing yet. Maybe some entrepreneur will see this thread and start one .
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:10 AM   #7
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
The Sony store allows you to set a notification for a new book by an author.

You need to install and use the Sony Reader Software for this to work.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:03 PM   #8
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
The Sony store allows you to set a notification for a new book by an author.

You need to install and use the Sony Reader Software for this to work.
I assume, though, that the notification is just if that author comes available in the Sony store?
Old 07-12-2011, 11:12 AM   #9
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
Yes. But I find that the book lists on Amazon, Kobo, and B&N are similar. Other soruces, especially non-DRM are not.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote