Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-15-2010, 07:07 PM   #1
VenturingSoul
Edge User

Lightbulb Keyboard shortcuts

This may be elsewhere on the forum, if so I could not find it. Just thought I'd share the keyboard shortcuts that I have found. I use a USB keyboard branded for the Asus Eee PC. It's just the right size, about 12" long. I have been used to using keyboard short cut keys in Windows for many functions and quickly discovered that they didn't work with Android.
However, through experimenting I have found the following shortcut keys.

--End key = Rotate LCD screen (also, F4 key does the same).

--Home key = Same as the physical Home key next to the trackball. Short press takes you back to the Main screen (desktop if in Windows) and a long press brings up a list of running apps.

--ESC key = Back one screen

--The Windows key = (this is cool) If you have a shortcut icon on your main screen (desktop) and the text under the icon is longer than the width of the icon, pressing the Windows key makes the text scroll marquee-style so you can read it!

--F1 key = functions same as physical Menu key

--F3 key = Contacts

--F9 key = Volume decrease

--F10 key = Volume increase

--Tab key = Search Google

--Press Shift key twice = Caps Lock

These all work as described on MY keyboard. I'd like to hear whether or not your keyboard produces the same responses.

Joe

Old 04-15-2010, 10:21 PM   #2
devseev
Edge User

Nice tips! Wouldn't have thought to check all these, but tested now and they all work on my Targus USB PA875 foldable keyboard. The Google search via tab key only works in the browser. And I have Google Voice installed, so when I press F3 it asks me whether I want to perform the action (unclear what action) using contacts or GV.

Advert