Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
tlc
Zealot
tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: KK 3G, iPad
Rooted NC – Market question

I rooted my NC with the autonooter.

When I download something from market, it doesn't show up in "Extras" until I reboot. Is this normal?
tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:17 PM   #2
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc View Post
I rooted my NC with the autonooter.

When I download something from market, it doesn't show up in "Extras" until I reboot. Is this normal?
Yes, I believe so. I'm not sure if there are other triggers that cause the 'Extras' to rescan the apps.

You have some other options besides rebooting. You can try an alternate Home screen such as Zeam or ADW. These have 'app drawers' which refresh more frequently. If you do want to try these out, do install Home Switcher so you can easily get back to the stock home screen or switch at will to try them out.

If you don't want to replace your home screen and want to avoid a reboot, there are some apps that you can launch to list and organize apps that refresh more frequently. An option is Google's "Gesture Search", which doesn't list them per se, but allows you to search your device, including apps, by drawing letters on the screen. E.g. draw an 'S' with your finger and it will find apps with an 'S' in their name, starting with ones that start with S. I think it learns which ones you pick more often, too.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 11:30 PM   #3
NoName
Zealot
NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NoName ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, HTC Evo LTE
I also think so.

Might be helpful if you get Fast Reboot or Quick Boot from the Market. Quick boot does an actual reboot.
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:28 AM   #4
daved23
daved23 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Not sure if this is typical, but after I installed Zeam and set it as my default home I no longer have to reboot to see newly installed apps.
daved23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:15 AM   #5
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Perfectly normal unless you have an aftermarket launcher installed.
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 09:29 AM   #6
tlc
Zealot
tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: KK 3G, iPad
Thanks. I'm using LauncherPro now. "Extras" is so forgotten.
tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:36 PM   #7
Girl Read Write
Literary Goodness
Girl Read Write began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, iPad 2, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, Samsung Infuse
Another android market question: When I use the market and search, only ten results show up, no matter how many results there are in all. If this question has been asked before, pardon me as I've not seen it on here. But: how can I get all search results to show up? DH's Droid 2 displays all results, so I know that's how it's supposed to be.
Girl Read Write is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:00 PM   #8
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl Read Write View Post
Another android market question: When I use the market and search, only ten results show up, no matter how many results there are in all.
Bug in the market apk. Turn your Nook to landscape mode.

You could install a newer market apk, but I haven't bothered.

Better yet, use the appbrain app to search the market and help manage your installed apps.

Last edited by zartemis; 01-10-2011 at 07:05 PM.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:24 PM   #9
Girl Read Write
Literary Goodness
Girl Read Write began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, iPad 2, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, Samsung Infuse
Quote:
Originally Posted by zartemis View Post
Bug in the market apk. Turn your Nook to landscape mode.

You could install a newer market apk, but I haven't bothered.

Better yet, use the appbrain app to search the market and help manage your installed apps.
Now why didn't I ever think to turn it sideways?

Thanks so much!
Girl Read Write is offline   Reply With Quote