Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #1
The Iron Rose
The Iron Rose began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4 iOS 6.02
Stanza on iPhone Cannot find Calibre Content Server

Title says it all really. I'm running iOS 6 on my iPhone 4, and unfortunately Stanza seems to be unable to connect to Calibre's content server, and I'm unable to actually download any books to my iPhone. Coming off of a restore that erased all my books, that's a bit of an issue for me.

I've tried manually connecting to the content server, by getting the local IP address of my laptop from the command line, and adding :8080 to the end of it. So for the manual URL, it's http://192.168.0.18:8080 which I think is the proper format, but I'm unsure.

Regardless, that doesn't work either. Occasionally my computer will show up under the shared tab, but often as not it's just "searching" ad infinitum. Even when it does show up, no list of books appear, and it again just displays "searching."

And again when I try and connect manually.

My firewalls are disabled, bonjour is updated, and my antivirus is turned off. I've tried restarting everything, and nothing quite seems to work.

Any advice?
The Iron Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Did you start the content server?
Have you set your firewall to 'permitt' calibre-server.exe?
Is your WiFi connection on the same physical network? (you need to set up port forwarding if not)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:47 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Stanza is buggy at the best of times and with iOS 6, it's even worse because it doesn't work well. It's time to dump Stanza. iOS 6 and Stanza are not a match and Amazon is not gong to be fixing it so download Bluefire and forget Stanza.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, content server, stanza