Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-10-2013, 04:39 AM   #1
tgv
tgv began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
wi fi on m92

Can anyone confirm that the M92 can be used to connect to wi fi networks with "certificates", that is, the type often used by businesses and universities where to access the net you must open the browser and complete a form with "username" and "password". The new kindles cannot do this, surprisingly when the old kindles could do it!

And, if anyone has used both ereasers, how does the web browser compare to the Experimental kindle browser? More or less usable, or more or less the same?

Thank you in advance
tgv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #2
crazydog
error
crazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Keyboard, M92
Hey,
it works for me. TU of Vienna has an open Wireless LAN and redirects you to a login page.

The browser compared to the K3's browser:
The Article Mode on the old kindle is still a killer feature.
But M92 Browser does it's job - if u like using the stylus. I'm satisfied with M92 at all - including the browser. Still a keyboard would be useful

I'm can't tell you exactly which one is faster.... M92 Browser opens all pages I need and does what I want. Only @ hotmail.com it does not accept password input.

M92 let's you download everything, whereas the K3 does not allow PDF Download- without jailbreak.
crazydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
tgv
tgv began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
oops, thought I´d already replied to thank yuo for your help, crazydog, but I´ve just realised I hadn´t. well, thanks for the information, it´s another point in the M92´s favour! I just have to convince myself to part with the money and make the purchase now!
tgv is offline   Reply With Quote