Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-19-2010, 03:32 AM   #1
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Cover size

The cover image shows up as full sized (covers almost the whole screen)
in v3 using coolreader when the original image is 600x833 which is resized to 526x730.
But majority of the cover files are smaller than that 310x500 somewhere
and show up as small images in my reader
So I was wondering if the cover size can be upsized when converting if it is small like it is downsized when it is to big. I know their be loss of image quality but they would still be better than the small covers that show up.

I know Kovid was talking about adding the upsize in html code but I don't think that would work as most readers ignore html styles and use their own css they just use the tags to look at the text settings like <p> for paragraph and <i> italics etc
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:40 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre uses html codes to indicate to the reader that it should resize images. If your reader is ignoring that, it's a bug in the reader. I certainly wouldn't say most readers ignore the CSS, in fact I don't know of any reader that does this (except perhaps fbreader and stanza with CSS turned off).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2010, 04:32 AM   #3
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Well I checked again you are right with Ade the cover is shown larger
but in fbreader with css on or off the image remains the same size the only difference is that with styles off the image is on a separate page with no text.

I like to use fbreader default format settings instead of the epubs built in settings
so even if the image resize would have been working with ypur code its no use to me.

Can you tell me what would be the optimum size for a cover image 600x800?
on Hanlin v3
Maybe I will just use irfanview to upsize my covers but that would ruin the image the image quality of my original covers
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote