Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-04-2010, 04:22 AM   #1
jgrand
jgrand began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
I think something's wrong with my battery

Got my Sony Reader Touch one week ago, on Friday. I fully charged it and spent the weekend playing with it. I took notes and played with the settings, but didn't hear any music.

Yesterday (Wednesday), just some 300 pages after, I had to recharge. I did, waited til the red light turned off and it did - but, when I turned the Reader immediately after, the battery indicator was just half full (two bars).

Should I conclude that my battery is damaged and should returned it for check-up? I read around here that the battery doesn't reach it's full potential til 2 or 3 charges. Should I hang on with it for a bit and see what happens?
jgrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:26 AM   #2
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
It does take a few charging cycle to adjust the battery. Mine was the same at the beginning. Now I can read a week with it.

Taking notes drains the battery faster too. And just cos the battery indicator is half full doesn't mean all that much - mine seems to drop fairly quick and then sits on low for ages.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2010, 05:48 AM   #3
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Yes as Katti says give it a few charge cycles beforre worrying, I've had my 600 a week too, but mine froze up, I'm trying to get replacement from the retailer,

Good Luck Anyway,
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:38 AM   #4
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Also, if you are charging via the usb port on a computer, make sure the computer does not shut down or go into hibernate mode as this will stop charging the device. Many people here highly recommend a cheap Sony PSP wall/mains charger. This will charge the battery faster and no worries about whether the usb port has constant power.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:02 PM   #5
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Plus with a PSP charger you can continue to read :-)
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2010, 03:47 AM   #6
jgrand
jgrand began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Actually, I do have a PSP charger. Thanks!
jgrand is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, life, prs-600, reader, sony