Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-31-2012, 08:56 AM   #1
myral
Enthusiast
myral began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, PocketBook 360, Kindle 2, CyBook gen 3
Kindle Touch: Wi-fi doesn't connect

Hi. I've got a Kindle Touch with Wi-fi. Although it previously would connect to wi-fi networks without a problem, now it can't detect any network at all. Is there a fix for this or should I contact Amazon? I tried fully charging the battery and a soft reset, but nothing changed.
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
myral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Double check your WiFi settings, which you probably already have done. The next step would be to try and do a hard reset or factory reset and see if that clears up your problem.

If it does not, call amazon cs and see what they have to say.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2012, 09:11 AM   #3
myral
Enthusiast

Thank you for the suggestions. Factory reset... my sister (who has the device) won't like that... I'll keep you posted.

Last edited by myral; 12-31-2012 at 09:36 AM. Reason: found out how to perform factory reset.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by myral View Post
Thank you for the suggestions. Would you happen to know how to perform a hard reset? Sorry to ask, but I don't have the user's manual, as I've given the Kindle to my sister.
To reset back to factory defaults that will wipe/delete all of your books and stuff. So use the usb cable and copy your stuff/books that you want to save to your computer before you reset and reload back to it after you do the reset.

I have not owned the touch so I can not help you there., But here is the link to the manuals , just scroll down and find your model kindle and down load the PDF manual. They even have a choice of languages if English is not your first language.

Hope this helps!

Edit: It helps to include the link (early morning lack of caffeine )

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200317150

Last edited by DustyDisks; 12-31-2012 at 09:43 AM.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:44 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Presumably you've checked to see that other devices can see the WiFi network, just in case it's the network that's faulty, rather than the Kindle, and that the network ID is set to "visible"?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2012, 10:14 AM   #6
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Before you do a factory reset on your Kindle you should instead just try restarting your router. That'll possibly enable the Kindle to reconnect with causing you any hassle of restoring books etc!
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #7
myral
Enthusiast

Yes, the network is visible on my other devices, as are multiple other networks in the area. Unfortunately, the Kindle doesn't detect them or other networks that my sister has tried to connect to in her home.
She'll bring it over tomorrow, so we shall see what will happen.