Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-31-2008, 11:11 AM   #1
dazzalm
dazzalm began at the beginning.

Device: Toshiba e355
Arrow Newby

Hi Found this forum. Am having difficulty finding my way around to find answers to........
which format does microsoft reader recognize? I keep getting error messages with all the different formats??????
is there a search for the ebooks that are on the site?

I am using microsoft reader to introduce myself to ebooks. Find availability of titles, ease of downloading etc. Being in Canada the Sony ebook reader is not avaialble. If this new toy works for me then I will let go of the training wheels so to speak. Thanks:

Last edited by dazzalm; 01-31-2008 at 11:26 AM.
dazzalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:56 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, dazzalm!

Microsoft Reader uses .LIT files. I don't know too much about it (never actually used it), but I don't think it uses any others.

Good news is that .LIT files are fairly easy to convert to other formats. A lot of folks only buy in .LIT and covert them to whatever they actually need.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2008, 01:00 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:25 PM   #4
dazzalm
dazzalm began at the beginning.

Device: Toshiba e355
.LIT

How do I convert formats to .lit format???
dazzalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:18 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Look for ConvertLIT and read the readme.txt that comes with it. Also you will need to download, install and authorize MS Reader.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert