Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-20-2016, 06:28 PM   #3661
didoto
Enthusiast
didoto began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Hi again,

Sorry for the stupid previous post
I just had to read more carefully and I should have seen from the start that "*U006* error, in the bottom left corner of the screen"
Problem self-solved!
Everything went smooth from here on.

Thanks!
didoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 06:30 PM   #3662
didoto
Enthusiast
didoto began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Oh, You have already answered
Well, that is fast
I just post and after refresh I saw your answers.
Thanks a lot again!
didoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2016, 06:56 PM   #3663
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by didoto View Post
Oh, You have already answered
Well, that is fast
I just post and after refresh I saw your answers.
Thanks a lot again!
We do that a lot around here - give quick answers.

Now if you where paying for contract support -
we could let your post 'age' a few days to make you think we where really working on your problem rather than planning the next office party.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 06:59 PM   #3664
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
We do that a lot around here - give quick answers.

Now if you where paying for contract support -
we could let your post 'age' a few days to make you think we where really working on your problem rather than planning the next office party.
Now what I supposed to bring again?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:51 PM   #3665
Eric_WVGG
Eric_WVGG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Thank you for making this hack, it's working great on the Kindle DX that I’m repurposing as a digital picture frame.

I love the way you built a randomize preference based on the empty file "random". I'd like to see similar preferences for slideshow sleep time and slide delay. Perhaps a pair of files called sleep-xx (where xx is number-of-seconds of inactivity before slideshow starts, i.e. "sleep-15" for 15 seconds), and delay-xx (where slides change every xx seconds, i.e. "delay-5")
Eric_WVGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2016, 09:29 PM   #3666
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
A slideshow is out of question, since the device is, well, asleep . The image shown on screen won't ever change for the duration of that sleep cycle.

If you *need* a slideshow, you'd be better off writing a quick'n dirty script based on eips that you simply run through KUAL.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:32 PM   #3667
Eric_WVGG
Eric_WVGG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
hm, good point

A couple times the screen has just gone blank white. I saw this note in the readme, how is "lowmem" enabled?

> With the ScreenSavers hack, especially on DX & DXG devices, if the cover processing seems to take an inordinate amount of time (>45s), or even triggers a framework restart, try to go back to the Home screen for a while after opening a new book, and/or consider enabling the *lowmem* mode.
Eric_WVGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 09:34 PM   #3668
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Eric_WVGG: IIRC, that "lowmem" switch only applied to the cover mode processing. And I'm not even sure it's still supported, since the root issue has since been fixed .

IIRC, the "blank screen" issue happens when the framework hits an image it doesn't like.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:58 AM   #3669
TaReNT75
Kindle Keyboard Fan
TaReNT75 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Exclamation U007 Error

Dear Devs,

I have read this forum carefully, but unfortunately none of the suggested fixes worked for me. I have a Kindle 3 WiFi on Firmware 3.3 from UK and here is what happened:

1. Applied Jailbreak successfully a long time ago together with screensaver and font hacks. I was able to run custom code, so everything seemed alright to me.

2. Got the message from Amazon that they would cut me off from their service if I did not update to 3.4.1; update did not work automatically nor manually (U007 error).

3. Contacted Amazon Support and did a Factory Reset, which was a bad call that I still hate myself for Now I'm stuck with a vanilla, though I think a part of the jailbreak must still be there somehow, from what I saw in the logfile.

4. I want to have my jailbroken Kindle back so bad, but no matter what I try (uninstall Jailbreak, install Jailbreak, recover linkjail directory), I always end up with error U007. I always do a hard reboot between each try, but nothing seems to

I have my log file attached log file, maybe there is something in it to point into the right direction.

a lot in advance for your help!
Attached Files
File Type: rar all_logs_as_of_Sun_Jul_31_00.09.27_GMT_2011.rar (103.3 KB, 184 views)
TaReNT75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 09:49 AM   #3670
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Sounds familar.

Did you try removing the original JB with its own, dedicated, un-installer?
I.E: You may not have installed THIS jailbreak (in the K3 days - there was more than one).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 11:15 AM   #3671
TaReNT75
Kindle Keyboard Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Sounds familar.

Did you try removing the original JB with its own, dedicated, un-installer?
I.E: You may not have installed THIS jailbreak (in the K3 days - there was more than one).
Thanks for the quick reply! In the old days I used an earlier version of the JB from this thread, I think it was v0.11 if I remember correctly. From the documentation I expected JB Uninstaller v0.13.N to work, but it just gives me the same U007 error. Is my jailbreak damaged or is it something else? Right now, every package fails with U007, no matter what it is (hacks but also original Amazon firmware).

Maybe someone more skilled than me can find something in the log file? Thanks again to all of you for still supporting this awesome project after such a long time!
Old 06-19-2016, 12:54 PM   #3672
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@TaReNT75: Factory reset broke the JB. Restore the linkjail folder from either a backup, or, better, the current snapshot package. It needs to be in the USB root.

Then restart your device and try again.
Old 06-19-2016, 02:25 PM   #3673
TaReNT75
Kindle Keyboard Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@TaReNT75: Factory reset broke the JB. Restore the linkjail folder from either a backup, or, better, the current snapshot package. It needs to be in the USB root.

Then restart your device and try again.
Thank you, NiLuJe! I have to admit that I do not really remember how I exactly I jailbroke it all these years ago. The folder is in place like you advised, but still no luck: The reason according to log file is definitely the signature verification like you already told other users with this error...

160619:110059 system: I S50updater:def:read bundle line [/mnt/us/Update_jailbreak_0.13.N_k3w_install.bin]
160619:110059 system: I S50updater:def:Applying update /mnt/us/Update_jailbreak_0.13.N_k3w_install.bin
160619:110059 system: I S50updater:def:Size of update: 180942 bytes
160619:110059 system: I S50updater:def:Version before update: 021-S3-061168
160619:110059 system: I _otaupexec:defrocessing update /mnt/us/Update_jailbreak_0.13.N_k3w_install.bin
160619:110059 system: I _otaupexec:def:version is "FC02"
160619:110100 system: I _otaupexec:def:update image checksum OK
160619:110100 system: E _otaupexec:def:signature verification failed on "/tmp/.update-tmp.20390/updatedat"
160619:110100 system: E _otaupexec:def:signature verification failed

Now here is something from the log file that makes me question my mental sanity:

160619:112051 system: I K07linkfonts:def:couldn't stop linkfonts
160619:112051 system: I K08linkss:def:couldn't stop linkss
160619:112051 system: I K09linkjail:def:running linkjail
160619:112051 system: W linkjail:def:'Update_fonts_5.16.N_k2_dx_k3_install .bin' is not an OTA V1 package, don't do anything
160619:112051 system: I linkjail:def:'Update_jailbreak_0.13.N_k3w_uninstal l.bin' was packaged by kindletool, requesting custom key
160619:112051 system: W linkjail:def:'Update_ss_0.47.N_k2_dx_k3_install.bi n' is not an OTA V1 package, don't do anything
160619:112051 system: I linkjail:def:custom key requested
160619:112051 system: I linkjail:def:mounting custom key

160619:112052 system: W K09usbnet:def:the /test/bin directory was missing, creating it...
160619:112052 system: W K09usbnet:def:the usbNetwork private command symlink was missing, creating it...
160619:112052 system: I K09usbnet:def:couldn't stop usbnet

Does this point to another jailbreak or is that something you would see from your experience?

Thanks again for the quick help!
Old 06-19-2016, 02:54 PM   #3674
NiLuJe
BLAM!

The JB install failure in your first example is expected, that's a safety feature to avoid stacking potentially incompatible jailbreaks.

The second example just shows the JB working once you restored the linkjail folder.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:54 AM   #3675
Lordjonatn
Lordjonatn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Hello everybody. I have a question:
what font is used in AZW3 books? serif_* or mono_* ?
Lordjonatn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet