Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-25-2007, 09:21 PM   #1
jdavidse
jdavidse began at the beginning.

Device: Cingular 2125
Bible navigation?

I am looking to buy the Cybook 3 primarily for its weight savings for long distance hiking. One essential book I always take with me is the Bible. I nearly bought the Sony 505 until I read complaints that its file format is not capable of navigating down past chapter level. In a normal book this might be ok, especially since most books are read from page one to the end. However, the Bible is a different story since it is in a lot of ways used like a reference book. It is a must to be able to navigate to Old/New Testament, then book, then chapter, then verse. And of course, quickly repeat the process to jump somewhere else.

So my question is, can the Cybook do this? Can the Mobipocket format do this? Would someone be so kind as to walk me through the navigation process, so I can determine if it will sufficiently replace the paper version? I basically need a description of every button press to find a particular spot in the Bible.

Thanks for your help!
jdavidse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:53 PM   #2
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
You can but it depends on the edition you buy. I bought a KJV from Mobipocket that has an indexed table of content.

You open the Bible and press the down button to select New or Old testament and press the select button. This will take you to the Books and again you press the down button repeatedly until you select the Book you want. Then it will take you to the Chapters and you have to press the down button through each. This can take a while if you have to go to Chapter 29. ;-) After you select the chapter you select the verse and it will take you there.

If you want to search again you have to bring up the menu and select "Goto" then Table of Contents to do the next lookup. The TOC was designed for a PDA but it's usable on the Cybook.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert