Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #1096
Zeph3r
Zeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with others

Device: Kindle Touch
Hello,

I have recently found DuoKan, and it is working very nicely. (much better than amazon's kindle os)

However I have a few problems.

Is there anyway to set a password on the device?

Also some of my text files have large spaces after every apostrophe. They appear like this: their' --- s it' --- s don' --- t (with spaces instead of dashes)

Could someone help please?

Thank you,

-Zeph3r
Zeph3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #1097
mayhem
mayhem began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
- Kindle 3 keyboard wifi (b008)
- Duokan 2013 (2013.04.03)
- jailbreak, launchpad

Problem:
this solution don't work for me. Kindle hangs with "From DS: KS: SLI" on screen. Any other way to launch Duokan via launchpad? Will old DuokanLoader2 work? I don't want to use Kual.

Thanks.
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #1098
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
launchpad file for DuoKan2013

to switch to Duokan:
Code:
Shift D S
to switch back to Kindle:
Code:
"Alt+sym">"switch to Kindle"
Attached Files
File Type: zip Duokan2013Loader.zip (218 Bytes, 280 views)

Last edited by thomass; 04-10-2013 at 03:11 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #1099
mayhem

Thanks. Testing.....

edit: Nothing. Screen is clean this time. Waiting almost 10 min

edit2: Old duokanloader2 (from the first post) doesn't work too

Last edited by mayhem; 04-09-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #1100
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Thanks. Testing.....

edit: Nothing. Screen is clean this time. Waiting almost 10 min

edit2: Old duokanloader2 (from the first post) doesn't work too
please try again, hopefully fixed now.
Advert
Old 04-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #1101
mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
please try again, hopefully fixed now.
Damn. Looks like my Duokan is broken. Installed few hours ago, everything works like a charm. Then I install jb and lp (both with "success") and now... Duokan is dead. Don't even start after restart

Any tips how to fix this? Overwrite DK_System again?

edit: Still nothing after copy dk_system folder to kindle. Duokan don't start, clean screen... Launchpad or jailbreak fault? And how to uninstall Duokan when he don't boot?

Last edited by mayhem; 04-09-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:51 AM   #1102
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Overwrite DK_System again?
you may try this.

but the problem itself is strange AFAIK jailbreak and hacks are nothing to do with the Duokan.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #1103
mayhem

Quote:
the problem itself is strange AFAIK jailbreak and hacks are nothing to do with the Duokan.
My steps:
1. Uninstalling launchpad. Success.
2. Uninstalling jailbreak. Succes.
3. Installing Duokan. Success.
4. Testing for few hours, works great.
5. Installing jb. Success.
6. Installing lp. Success.
7. Duokan stop working. I do nothing. No editing files, no deleting, even I don't copy any new book.
8. Overwrite dk_system again. OK... OK... OK... Reboot... Clean screen.

PS. Sorry for bad english and thanks for the help.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #1104
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
My steps:
PS. Sorry for bad english and thanks for the help.
after installing the launchpad uninstall the jailbreak then try to use the Duokan again.
Sorry I have no other idea, please send a feedback to this email: kindleuser@duokan.com
Old 04-09-2013, 12:16 PM   #1105
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
The JB is just one tiny file. should be utterly unrelated. The LP I can't speak for.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:19 PM   #1106
mayhem

Quote:
after installing the launchpad uninstall the jailbreak then try to use the Duokan again.
I copied DK_System again and remove config.ini. Restart and... it's alive! Switching few times to kindle OS and restart back to Duokan. No problems at all. What's goin' on? My kindle is haunted or what

Maybe I can't touch config file? Want to add "default system" line only.

JB and LP still installed. Now, i must find method to start Duokan via LP (cause I want Kindle OS was my default system). Trying again "duokan 2012 launcher"

Thank you for help!
Old 04-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #1107
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Maybe I can't touch config file? Want to add "default system" line only.
edit the Config.ini with notepad++
Old 04-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #1108
mayhem

Quote:
edit the Config.ini with notepad++
YES! YES! Damn you Windows and default Notepad (and WordPad)! Works great! Everything is OK. OMG, OMG. Happy Panda is happy!

Thanks guys! Luv ya!

Last edited by mayhem; 04-09-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:51 AM   #1109
thomass
Wizard

update

R1.7

not released yet

updates
  • comic viewer like PanelView
    Click image for larger version

Name:	153442ecmmqyblz8onim8e.gif
Views:	669
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	104151
Old 04-10-2013, 07:26 AM   #1110
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
R1.7

not released yet

updates
Does it include voice command and control?

Or are they waiting for Silver18 and twobob to package that for them?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf