Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #76
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by medard View Post
Where can I see this?

As an evil and greedy foreigner, I'd like to have the largest US-american libary, of course. I'd like to know if there's an even larger libary than Brooklyn available for foreigners.

Austin isn't availble anymore for foreigners, I checked that. You need to be there in person..
Orange County Florida may still allow non-residents to purchase a card. The annual fee, though, is $125 for 43,616 ebooks.

http://ocls.lib.overdrive.com/9A0EF9...rtBy=Relevancy
http://www.ocls.info/Card/Default.asp
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #77
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Also, Brooklyn is one of the libraries testing the new 3M system. There are a few more ebooks in their program.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #78
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I have three. Two local cards and one FLoP card.
Okay I now have 4 Library Cards. I gave myself a late birthday present and signed up for the Brooklyn Public Library for $50 a year.
So now I just checked out a few new books. I do not like interface and there is no cart but the selection is worth it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:03 PM   #79
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Okay I now have 4 Library Cards. I gave myself a late birthday present and signed up for the Brooklyn Public Library for $50 a year.
So now I just checked out a few new books. I do not like interface and there is no cart but the selection is worth it.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:12 AM   #80
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
You go girl!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:13 AM   #81
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Orange County Florida may still allow non-residents to purchase a card. The annual fee, though, is $125 for 43,616 ebooks.

http://ocls.lib.overdrive.com/9A0EF9...rtBy=Relevancy
http://www.ocls.info/Card/Default.asp
I am very very tempted even despite the steep fee.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:35 AM   #82
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Okay I now have 4 Library Cards.
Another card hoarder
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:59 AM   #83
peter12345
Connoisseur
peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 * K3 with 3G, Sony PRS-T1
Going back to the original post about Prime, UK customers PRIMED UP are allowed to borrow books now.

Going forward now to the new posts:

Questia - 100 dollars a year - they are good for obscure books, and lack well known books - but I really do not trust them. I was a member before even Kindle existed. Perhaps I just got muddled up with the special offers, but I FELT ripped off! Though I was a member for 2 years - memory is not what it used to be, I felt that my loyalty did not mean anything to them.

Though e book readers did not exist at that time, I used to use the PSP browser to read the books on-line. And on the PC I would use voice reading software....

Last edited by peter12345; 12-12-2012 at 03:04 AM.
peter12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:33 AM   #84
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm watching free Amazon Prime videos. Notably "American Experience: New York" - excellent stuff!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:37 AM   #85
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12345 View Post

Though e book readers did not exist at that time, I used to use the PSP browser to read the books on-line. And on the PC I would use voice reading software....
I remember fondly checking mobileread, telead and engadget first thing in the morning from my PSP browser while drinking coffee. I actually only got the PSP because it could go online through some workaround. That screen was something in its day....
Old 12-12-2012, 07:41 AM   #86
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Another card hoarder
I prefer the word collector, monssieur!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:52 AM   #87
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
I prefer the word collector, monssieur!
Ahhh...

I think I have more cards than the two of you combined. I'm a mega-collector.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #88
xendula
eBookworm

Tubemonkey, if ever you need help with those, we can take them off your hands: just PM us the card numbers and PINs.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:12 AM   #89
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Ahhh...

I think I have more cards than the two of you combined. I'm a mega-collector.
Yeah, he's stuffed!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #90
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Tubemonkey, if ever you need help with those, we can take them off your hands: just PM us the card numbers and PINs.
Bidding starts at $75 (Amazon GC) for my Seattle card number and pin