Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-11-2012, 06:49 AM   #1
Starko
Zealot
Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Preferences: Inconsitent interface

In preferences' main screen : "Run welcome wizard" and "Close" buttons are positioned at the bottom of the screen while in all the underlying settings screens all the buttons are on top.
It's annoying that every time i close any setting screen by clicking on "Apply" or "Cancel" in left top corner, i have to move the mouse pointer all the way across the main preferences screen to the bottom right just to click on "Close".
And yes now that i actually got fed up and decided to write about it i checked and found out that i can press Esc, but still this sucks
Starko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If that is the only inconsistent UI you have found, you have not been using all the features of Calibre.

Like books written by multiple Authors, there will be minor quirks in the UI. The main thing: THEY WORK
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #3
Starko
Zealot
Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
No, it's just another one i decied to bitch about this time. They can't fix anything if they don't know. Of course they wont fix anything if they don't care... but heck i'd done what i could.
Starko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:31 AM   #4
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starko View Post
i checked and found out that i can press Esc, but still this sucks
because pressing esc is really, really hard ??

the phrase " get a life" springs to mind

or file a bug report, or volunteer to re-write the UI, whatever floats your boat.

Ps i have to move the mouse pointer all the way... to the bottom right to post this but hey, I coped - I expect the RSI will kick in later

Last edited by cybmole; 11-12-2012 at 08:34 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #5
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starko View Post
i checked and found out that i can press Esc, but still this sucks
You can also press <tab> <tab> <enter> or, (at least on Windows PCs), click the red-X button at the top-right of the dialogue.

Last edited by Agama; 11-12-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert