Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Why do you keep coming back to mobileread?
I need the technical info! Still! 52 36.88%
I just finished the last book in a series, and I'm in that depressed phase until I come up with the next set. 10 7.09%
I'm obsessed with eBook readers. No, really. And my friends are tired of hearing about them. 81 57.45%
For the company. 67 47.52%
Other (specify)... 33 23.40%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-06-2010, 12:05 AM   #46
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
the chics are hot here
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:19 AM   #47
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
'Website addiction'
Yes there is something compulsive about coming to Mobileread, waiting for a hit of ebook info, looking for something to read that tempts and tantalizes
Oh, and Zelda. Definitely Zelda.

*** THIS JUST IN: NATIONAL ENQUIRER REVEALS ***

Addicted Chicken Confesses To Stalking The Queen.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2010, 12:31 AM   #48
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
the chics are hot here

Click image for larger version

Name:	ghostwoman.gif
Views:	168
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	45096 hmmmm . . .

You're pretty hot yourself, big boy.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:43 AM   #49
hnoto
Groupie
hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hnoto can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS 505
For the free books, of course!
hnoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:16 PM   #50
jes1
Zealot
jes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enough

Device: Astak EZReader, Dell Axim x50v, iPod Touch, nook
I learn something new everytime I visit. Also, I have been introduced to so many wonderful new books and authors that I never would have heard about. Thanks to MR, my to be read list is now impossible to finish unless I live to be 300.
jes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2010, 12:30 PM   #51
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
It's simple. I'm addicted to MobileRead. The people here are great, write great comments...it's just the right mix of technical infos and discussion and interaction with authors, readers and developers for me. This community never sleeps and - most important - the fun never stops at MR.
I second that.
& you can double the pleasure w/ the apéros
(now the question was "why do you keep coming back?" right? Not "What are you grateful for?")

Last edited by YGG-; 02-06-2010 at 12:35 PM.
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:37 PM   #52
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Arguments
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #53
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Arguments
I don't believe you.

I did kinda like your comment/image for the publishers though.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:43 PM   #54
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by YGG- View Post
I second that.
& you can double the pleasure w/ the apéros
(now the question was "why do you keep coming back?" right? Not "What are you grateful for?")
Thirded
Plus I come here because of llamas, the blue fish, bacon, donuts, and to punish avatar thieves And because Marc and Slite frequently make my day in the weather thread: Marc because he spreads some summer feeling and Slite because it's always good to know someone is freezing even more than yourself.
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:39 PM   #55
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I comz for avatars of Zelda and nothing else. Not one thing more. Occasionally, I come by for a doughnut. I comze for avatars of Zelda and doughnuts and absolutely nothing else. Nada. But once in a while I comz for happy llamas. I comz for avatars of Zelda, occasionally a doughnut or three, and happy llamas. Not single nuther thing. Oh, wait....

maybe you should come in again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Where else can I hear endless theft/not-theft debates about copyright infringement? Also, my friends are tired of hearing me rant about page sizes of PDFs.
oh my god. i actually recently got into an actual live-action near-shouting argument with a friend in a café over whether or not pdf is a good format for ebooks. i think i need serious professional help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlparker View Post
hm. i thought he was channelling something else entirely.

but i can understand if you weren't expecting that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post

*** THIS JUST IN: NATIONAL ENQUIRER REVEALS ***

Addicted Chicken Confesses To Stalking The Queen.
(i think "addicted chicken" would make a good superhero name. either that or a punk rock band.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jes1 View Post
I learn something new everytime I visit. Also, I have been introduced to so many wonderful new books and authors that I never would have heard about. Thanks to MR, my to be read list is now impossible to finish unless I live to be 300.
*sigh* i suffer from a similar problem. life is hard. so very very hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Arguments
sorry, arguments are down the hall. this is a poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Thirded
Plus I come here because of llamas, the blue fish, bacon, donuts, and to punish avatar thieves And because Marc and Slite frequently make my day in the weather thread: Marc because he spreads some summer feeling and Slite because it's always good to know someone is freezing even more than yourself.
i'd like to amend my list to say i also come here for ravenne's avatar-thief punishments.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:47 PM   #56
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Because anytime I read a question that asks "What is the best eReader for PDF files?" an angel gets his or her wings.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:48 PM   #57
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Because anytime I read a question that asks "What is the best eReader for PDF files?" an angel gets his or her wings.
we must be single-handedly responsible for most of the flock ! good to know all those questions are serving a good cause.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:00 PM   #58
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Congratulations to Zelda on her new record: most Monty Python references in a single post. That rabbit's dynamite!
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:02 PM   #59
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
Congratulations to Zelda on her new record: most Monty Python references in a single post. That rabbit's dynamite!
i do my best.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:58 PM   #60
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post

I thought that Red got zapped by Mindy....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote